Sea Doo X20 hot start problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fleiss75

Same problem.. Boat starts, runs, the minute I shut it off.. Won't start. I have had every boat mechanic under the sun.. Injectors, port temp sensor, fuel pump, battery.. Same issue.
New mechanic came out.. 25 year Mercury guy.. Says this part is bad and wired around it... image.jpgimage.jpg.. I just get a bad feeling this wasn't the issue.

Are you running the blower for 4 minutes to clear the stale air within the hull?

This is a very common issue. Run the boat, turn it off, little to no oxygen within the hull. The engine can't start if it does not have oxygen.

I have seen some open the rear hatch to get fresh air into the engine area.

The picture is bury, so I can't really make out the numbers. But, the only part that can be removed is the throttle guardian. And yes... they are a bastard when they go bad.

The reason they are in there, is to regulate the RPM's when you are in neutral, or reverse. Normally they don't cause a hard start when they go bad. They cause erratic rpm's.

Anyway... post a clear pic, or just tell us the part number on it. But since I can see a "Black/Yellow" wire hanging out from it... I'm guessing that's what it was.

FYI: I ripped mine out the day my boat came home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back