Sea-Doo Supercharger Rebuild Service

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

JoeZ

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
Official Sea-Doo Supercharger Rebuild Service of SeaDooForum!

Sea-Doo Superchargers require a rebuild every 100 hours or 2 years (which ever comes first). This is a full rebuild service for Sea-Doo Superchargers; you purchase this item, remove your supercharger and send to us. We will rebuild it and send it back.

There are 3 primary reasons to rebuild your supercharger:

1. Prevent bearing failure. The impeller spins are speeds up to 50,000 RPM, and the bearings are rated at 2 years or 100 hours.
  2. Prevent washer failure. As the clutch wears, inducing additional friction and heat to the washers, which can cause a catastrophic failure.
  3. Restore Lost Performance. When the clutch slips, the supercharger isn't able to make full boost, thus robbing your engine of performance.
We use only the latest Genuine Sea-Doo OEM Parts to restore the integrity of your Sea-Doo Supercharger.

This is a rebuild service, meaning we will rebuild your supercharger and send back your supercharger.

We can ship out of the US for the additional cost of shipping.
Turn around time is very quick; we usually have each supercharger rebuild within 48 hours. Powder Coating will add an extra week.

Options:
Viton Oil Seal - Only required if you have an upgraded supercharger. Viton Oil Seals can handle the additional heat and prevents oil from leaking into the intake track.

Performance Impeller - We will install any performance impeller at the time of rebuild for no additional charge. Click Here for a list of Sea-Doo Supercharger Impellers.

Powder Coating - If your supercharger's finish is chipping, we offer a durable powder coating option. Keep your supercharger protected from the elements and lasting longer; this service can only be done at the time of a full rebuild, since the supercharger must be disassembled. We offer Black or Red for our standard service. Contact us for custom colors.

Click Here to get your Sea-Doo Supercharger Rebuild Service!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news! I'm sure mine will be coming your way at the end of the season for a refresh and possible upgrade.

Sounds good. We've been looking forward to opening our rebuild service for a while now. Just let us know when you're ready :thumbsup:

Mine will be ready at the end of this season. I won't have the hours on it, I will hove more than the "time interval" on it...
All fresh water, so not as much of a concern I'm thinking.

We just finished this video to help members remove and install their supercharger.

[youtube]Wina2KSE-kE[/youtube]

Some of the people ordering have asked if we use ceramic washers. Just to be extremely clear, we do not use ceramic washers. We use the newest kits from BRP which include the upgraded metal washers.

So a lot of people who call have similar questions about the rebuild service. We've updated the rebuild service description to include this FAQ below:

[h=3]F.A.Q.[/h] Do you use metal washers?
YES! We do NOT use ceramic washers; only the latest heavy duty hardened steel washers made by Sea-Doo are used in our rebuilds.

Do you use the "200 hour" kit?
We use the latest rebuild kit from Sea-Doo, which BRP has rated at 200 hours. However, we still VERY STRONGLY recommend continueing to rebuild every 100 hours or 2 years. These kits are identical to the older "100 hour" kits, and were rated higher for market purposes.

Do you use 100% OEM Parts?
Yes. We do not use (and do not recommend) aftermarket parts. We use only the latest OEM rebuild kits from Sea-Doo, which include the latest heavy duty hardened steel washers.

How do I remove my supercharger?
Great question! This can be pretty easily done with just a few tools at home. The job is straight forward and there isn't really anything to mess up. This video shows how to remove a supercharger on an RXP, however the process is the same for the RXT and GTX as well.

Can you diagnose my supercharger before rebuilding?
Yes. We perform an inspection on each supercharger when it arrives as part of the rebuild. If you are missing components (meaning they dropped into your engine), you will be informed PRIOR to rebuild so you can cancel the order if you would like. However, we do charge a $25 inspection fee and you will have to pay for return shipping.

How long is turnaround time?
Our rebuilds are typically completed the same day they are received and shipped the following morning. Powder coat will add an additional day. We ship USPS Priority, which reaches anywhere in the US within 3 business days. If you need faster return shipping, please call us.

How do I ship the supercharger?
Once you check out, print your receipt. We recommend using USPS large flat rate box for shipping. Place the receipt in the box and ship us your supercharger. Our address is found at the bottom of this page, but we will also send you an email with shipping instructions. You pay for shipping it to us.

And of course, if you have any questions just give us a call! 888-605-2335

Hi Joez,

I believe soon I will have to rebuild it, since my pwc has 76hs.
I´m in Brazil, and considering the 415usd rebuild cost, could you please estimate ship cost and method (maybe using DHL) from there to Brazil?

Thanks,
Bruno

@brobertov8 Bruno, for international orders the easiest way to complete the transaction is to include a return shipping label in the package along with your supercharger.

Thanks!

@brobertov8 Bruno, for international orders the easiest way to complete the transaction is to include a return shipping label in the package along with your supercharger.

Thanks!

Hello hfgreg, thanks for the info and the prompt reply. I will look for some ship company that may do this service internationally, and will let you know when find it. My biggest concerd it´s about the time for send it and received it again. Usually takes "forever" due brazilian customs. But I will find the best way. Thanks

Manufacturer specs say it doesn't require a break in, but I would run at lower RPM for at least 15 minutes before trying to go full throttle. This will allow the oil to heat up and fully travel to the supercharger and keep it lubed.

Mine was rebuilt right before I bought it. Along with oil pumps and the motor all checked out to make sure the ceramic washers didn't hurt anything. The dealer recommended I follow a 10 hour break in just like a new ski.

It is recommended that you recheck the slip after 10 hours, but you don't have to baby it by any means.

I recently purchased a 2006 RXT with only 8 hours on the clock. Motor and SC are brand new and checked out great. I really see no need to rebuild the supercharger but would like to have the ceramic washers replaced with metal washers.

Do you provide this service as well??

Thank you for your help joez. I thought it was a little odd they wanted me to do the normal break in when the motor wasn't totally rebuilt. All they did was rebuild the charger and oil pumps, flush all the oil passages and check everything else. They did have the motor out of the ski but it wasn't a total rebuild like machining and all that.

*edit
I will more than likely be sending you my charger in 2 years when its time.

Sent you a PM. We are working to update the website, and when complete Warranty details will be published.

Hello Joe,

I just took my supercharger out of '04 GTX and it looks and feels fine. I noticed that the top mounting bolt looked like was tinkered with and did not pay attention to the bottom bolts. so here is $400 question:
- how do I know if my supercharger was rebuilt already?
- Is there any visual difference between ceramic and metal washers?
- Is there any other component that will indicate that SC was rebuilt?
- what is the benefit of rebuilding the SC vs just replacing washers

I've spent time online reading and got mixed opinions from people with unknown backgrounds. I would appreciate any help.

BTW who is your powder coating?

Hello Joe,

I just took my supercharger out of '04 GTX and it looks and feels fine. I noticed that the top mounting bolt looked like was tinkered with and did not pay attention to the bottom bolts. so here is $400 question:
- how do I know if my supercharger was rebuilt already?
- Is there any visual difference between ceramic and metal washers?
- Is there any other component that will indicate that SC was rebuilt?
- what is the benefit of rebuilding the SC vs just replacing washers

I've spent time online reading and got mixed opinions from people with unknown backgrounds. I would appreciate any help.

BTW who is your powder coating?

Unless you have paperwork or if the rebuilder stamped the SC, there really is no easy way to ell without tearing it down.
There is a difference in appearance between the Ceramic coated washers and the Metal washers. I was looking for a picture but could not find one. I "think" the ceramic washer is more greenish as you are seeing the coating.
Benefit to rebuilding is, peace of mind, increased performance. Besides the washers, there are bearings and bearing cages and if you do the update, an updated shaft. If you KNEW it was rebuilt but still had Ceramic washers, then swapping them out would be fine. If you do not know, too much of a risk NOT to rebuild it...

Thank you for your reply Joe, I appreciate your help. please let me know if these washers are green enough.

Besides the broken washers what are the implications of failed SC?
20150211_140928_resized.jpg20150211_140938_resized.jpg

Back