Sea-Doo Supercharger Rebuild Service

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Just put my RXT in the water for the first time this season and first time since supercharger rebuild. Could not get over 45-50 mph or 6400-6450 RPM. I'm thinking I should replace the gas with fresh premium fuel, change the plugs and check oil level. Anything else that might be causing my problem? It wasn't my learner key. I put the other key in afterwards and my display read learner key for that one and not the first one.

Check the hoses on the intercooler and SC. Your symptoms are exactly what happens when a hose comes off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly as stated previously, sounds like the output hose slipped off the supercharger. Typically from not tightening it down enough, but should run like a champ after you fix the clamp.

I plan on removing my supercharger (2006 Sportster SCIC) and sending it out next week, any tips? I watched the video and purchased new 2.5" hose clamps, and a ratcheting E8 box wrench. I should be good to go.

Thanks!

I plan on removing my supercharger (2006 Sportster SCIC) and sending it out next week, any tips? I watched the video and purchased new 2.5" hose clamps, and a ratcheting E8 box wrench. I should be good to go.

Thanks!

Well in case this can help anyone else, I removed the supercharger today and here is a HUGE piece of advice for anyone removing their supercharger. Buy a Gearwrench ratcheting E8 wrench and grind it down like this...
http://s173.photobucket.com/user/JeffSteininger/media/Sea Doo/DSC00084.jpg.html
I had the wrench but didn't know I would need to grind it down until I couldn't get it in there. After some researching I found this picture from a thread on this site, what amazing info! After I grinded my wrench down to look like this the supercharger was off in no time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool solution. That back bolt is certainly time consuming since you can only get about a 1/4 turn at a time. Using a shaved-down ratcheting wrench definitely helps with that! Nice job.

Thanks Joe, though I have to say it wasn't my idea. Also thanks for the info on the phone today. My supercharger will be it's way to Tampa pretty soon.

If I can get a better price on the kit, can I send the SC and the kit and save some bucks? No issue with that labor cost quote or the shipping. I need to do two SC rebuilds this off-season, and I'm on a budget!

If I can get a better price on the kit, can I send the SC and the kit and save some bucks? No issue with that labor cost quote or the shipping. I need to do two SC rebuilds this off-season, and I'm on a budget!

You need to keep in mind that they are using OEM parts and updated parts.

Lots of places can sell lesser quality product.

And I can't imagine they could offer any warranty as you would be asking them cover someone else's product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points! The rebuild kit is from SBT, and is OEM. Is that not advisable? Is your rebuild kit upgraded quality? The warranty us a factor, as you said.

You need to keep in mind that they are using OEM parts and updated parts.

Lots of places can sell lesser quality product.

And I can't imagine they could offer any warranty as you would be asking them cover someone else's product.

Ah, come to find out, SBT does NOT use OEM parts. Okay, your deal sounds better now, especially since you offer a warranty. I'll be hitting you guys up soon do get the first of two done! Thanks for your feedback.

JoeZ ~

This is probably a dumb question. I just bought a 2008 Challenger 180 supercharged 215 HP.. Is the same true for the boats as the skis? I just didn't see any posts above from boat owners....
Please advise. I have no idea of this has been done or not. I'm in the process of contacting the previous owner to see exactly what he had done before he sold it.

Thanks~!
~SL~

JoeZ ~

This is probably a dumb question. I just bought a 2008 Challenger 180 supercharged 215 HP.. Is the same true for the boats as the skis? I just didn't see any posts above from boat owners....
Please advise. I have no idea of this has been done or not. I'm in the process of contacting the previous owner to see exactly what he had done before he sold it.

Thanks~!
~SL~

Exact same maintenance requirement as the skis. 100/2 yrs. Once rebuilt with the updated shaft 200/2 yrs is accepted.

JoeZ ~

Thanks~!
~SL~

It's the same engine, so the same applies. Both have the same supercharger assemblies with the same maintenance interval. We typically see that the boats induce less wear and tear compared to the skis on the engine/jet pump, but I can't recommend going past the interval 100 hours / 2years.

How many hours do you have? It's not a definitive check, but if you look at the hose clamps on the supercharger, more often the crimp style are replaced by screw style clamps after a rebuild. Just one way that gives slight insight to maintenance history.

Thanks CoastieJoe and JoeZ~! Joe, it has bout 75 hours on it now - it had 67 when I bought it. I was thinking because of the age I might need to do this pretty quick. I thought about running it this summer and then sending it to you in the late fall. Does that sound reasonable? I'm going to go out and check the clamps and see what I can find out.....

Thanks for the help~~!

~SL~

It needs rebuilt for two reasons. Age is the main factor. The bearings get old and brittle. They fail and fall into the engine.

Thanks CoastieJoe~!

I went out and checked, looks like the original clamps so I'm guessing no rebuild.. If I can get my wear ring/ cavitation issue sorted out pretty quickly, I'm probably going to try and make it through the summer and pray for the best! I'll definitely be doing the rebuild this fall...

Thanks guys!

~SL~

We'll be here when you're ready. You can order a new wear ring on our site seadoowarehouse.com, or pwcmuscle.com as well.

Just let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the mean time.

JoeZ,
I just removed my supercharger and paid for the rebuild service. Do you send me a box to ship it in or not?
There's no address on the receipt to ship it to.
Thanks,
Jim

Address is at bottom of website, but we'll update the receipts to include the addy as well.

PWC Muscle
401 N Ashley Dr
Tampa, FL 33602

You are responsible for shipping it to us; we pay to ship it back. Please include your receipt in the box.

Back