SEA DOO Maintnience

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Star_Burst

I own a 89 SP its in such good condition that I must maintain it. The this is how. I know to give her oil to flush the water out after use. But what other things should I do regularly and yearly to keep this thing as perfect as can be?

Also I have 2 props for this ski. the original and then this aftermarket one I guess I don't know the difference between them or what ones better for speed take of etc. here are some pics .

Attachments

• DSC03060.JPG
    DSC03060.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC03063.JPG
    DSC03063.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC03065.JPG
    DSC03065.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC03071.JPG
    DSC03071.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC03061.JPG
    DSC03061.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 20
Also my ski dies when i just sit in the water how do i adjust the idle is it that yellow screw with the spring and if so what way do i turn it .

25 reviews from people that could answer this thanks you 25 guys ! :rofl:

GGGGGGEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

Give it some time. just because 25 people looked at it doesn't mean they knew the answer. You don't want a BS answer just for the sake of getting an ansew... do you?? also, some of the old timers will just ignore people when they get impatient.

Put the Solas impeller in. It will make a night and day difference over the old aluminum impeller.

I'll try to dig up a pic of the idle stop screw, but it should have a spring, and a little "T" post on it. the top will be facing the engine, on the throttle cable side of the carb. (it is not the "T" going into the side of the carb behind the cable guide) just turn it in half a turn or so, or until you get a good idle IN THE WATER.

Manuals

Star, It will be well worth the money. Plus all the information and advice that you can get from the people who know the in's and out's of these boats and PWC. I bought a two year membership, and feel I got my moneys worth the first month. I also spend money on the manuals, before I knew about this forum. So you will be money ahead by joining as a premium member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back