Sea-doo I catch trailer !

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read in another Forum that this trailer was going to have a $400 rebate this year. I have just started looking at Jet Skis and SeaDoo so far has my interest.

Several other forums and websites are censored from our site due to various reasons. However many of the reputable ones are still allowed on the forum. Just an FYI.

Every trailer I have ever used, I have added front safety cables to it.

When I spend over 20 grand on toys to ride, I want to make sure they will stay on the trailer.

My local hardware store makes swede joints. So use plastic coated stainless cable. They bend the cable around a cable U-form and swede it where they meet. I then use stainless u-bolts and attach it to my trailer..

Here is a picture that is exactly like my setup
201.jpg

Bought one last August, launched twice, worked great. Launched today for first time this year.....cable broke. Think the warranty is good for a year, will be calling first thing Tuesday when the dealer opens.

I saw in the video that the trailer had full options...tire jack and spare. I would have the dealer throw those in w/the trailer or no deal.
The girl walking on it sure wouldn't bend the walk way as a person weighing 220+ would.

I also noticed that the lights were not disconnected before backing into the water. I always do that, *is it necessary*?

Sorry for the bump, but reading various sites shows that the only people who had problems are some who usually don't either pay attention or are lazy. It is always the stupid stuff in life that messes up.

Sorry for the bump, but reading various sites shows that the only people who had problems are some who usually don't either pay attention or are lazy. It is always the stupid stuff in life that messes up.

Well... sort of.

The first gen iCatch trailers had issues. It would look like it was latched, and in fact... it wasn't. So... they had a redesign of the catch, and the bracket on the ski. They also added a safety cable... So it wasn't just lazy people. But lets face it... this is the lazy persons trailer... so it has to be Idiot Proof.

Regardless... as I said a few years ago... these are Jetskis... we are supposed to get wet. So, why spend 2x more on a trailer to try to stay dry?? I thnk these trailers should have been marketed to the guys fishing. There is nothing funnier that 2 old guys trying not to get wet putting a 300 Lb "John Boat" on a trailer.

Well... sort of.

The first gen iCatch trailers had issues. It would look like it was latched, and in fact... it wasn't. So... they had a redesign of the catch, and the bracket on the ski. They also added a safety cable... So it wasn't just lazy people. But lets face it... this is the lazy persons trailer... so it has to be Idiot Proof.

Regardless... as I said a few years ago... these are Jetskis... we are supposed to get wet. So, why spend 2x more on a trailer to try to stay dry?? I thnk these trailers should have been marketed to the guys fishing. There is nothing funnier that 2 old guys trying not to get wet putting a 300 Lb "John Boat" on a trailer.

Yeah but you gotta admit it's really KEWL!!!!! I can see it more for a boat than a PWC but either way, the looks at the lake would be worth the price... maybe. Here is a catch for sale by itself without the trailer.
L&R boat latch

Don't know about you but I don't like the idea of "powering" your boat over the bottom rollers for the last 4-6 feet.
Why not just put the trailer a bit deeper in the water.
But that's the English for ya............LOL

Hey Sink,

That's a great idea, probably costs more than my last ski and trailer, I think you should buy it and let the rest of us know how it works. After all we don't want to get wet.

Thank you veery, veery, much.

Lou

P.S. I still need directions to your house for Thanksgiving.

Sea doo I catch tr

Bought about a month ago for a mini stock or mod mini. Never used because we have an enclosed trailer we found that our car fits in. 600 which is what I paid. In Plant City. I can text or email pics. Will post pics when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back