SDF 2010 Meet and Greet - August 14th, 2010 St Pete Florida

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

JoeZ

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
2010 SeaDoo Forum Meet & Greet w/ Jet Boat Show! (Co-sponsored by Barneys)

178.jpg

Location : Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, St. Petersburg, Florida
When: 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM on August 14th, 2010

Get ready for our next SeaDoo Forum Meet and Greet! This is a family and friends event…everyone is welcome!

This event will be on the grounds of the Holiday Inn located in South St. Petersburg, FL, right near the Skyway Bridge. This is a great location that has both land and water access, with a boat ramp less than a mile away.

There is a bar on location, and any other alcoholic beverages are BYOB. You can come earlier or later, but if you come, bring some food to cook on a grill, a salad, or cold covered dish. We will consider this a "Pot Luck" affair and we will be cooking and serving whatever food you bring.

FREE T-SHIRTS TO ALL PREMIUM MEMBERS! We will have a list of premium members, and any who attend get a free SDF tshirt.

There are hotel rooms available to us, for a group rate of $89.99 per night. Please contact me via PM for details on how to get the group rate.

Directions:
Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort
Maximo Park Boat Ramp

179.jpg

------------------7/23 UPDATE!!!--------------------------

We are now working with Barneys of St. Pete to bring you this event. Also, there will be both demo craft, and a Jet Boat Show on site. All makes, from SeaDoo to Yamaha will be there, so you can compare the latest and greatest available. Details are pending, but this is definitely something to look forward to!

------------------8/6 UPDATE!!!--------------------------

Hotel rooms are available to us for a discounted rate of $89.99 per night. Please PM me to get in on this rate.

Keep looking to this thread for updates :)

Joe, I am in for 1 possibly two but at least me for now.

Also what about sending out an email flyer to all members to get more attention to this as it looks as though many may not even veiw the post, this is based off of last year how some people expressed they had not even known that the event was going on what date.

Have karl contact me if they need help in staff for the event as well.

Can we also get a tanker truck to sit at the shore for us and provide gas? lol

Glad you are in!

We are working on a few more details before sending the newsletter out...if they all come through it'll be pretty neat.

In the mean time, I'll see if I can get in touch with Vin Diesel and Paul Walker to see if they can hijack a tanker for us ;)

Luckily, there is a gas station right around the corner, about a block or so away from the hotel.

Yeah 2 weekends ago was the first time I ever rode the ski wide open throttle the entire time in the gulf the entire time and wow, just over 7 gallons per hour, I burn a tank every 2 hours lol!

In for 2

My wife and I will be there with one or two skis (depending on mech). What should we bring? I was thinking a couple beer can chickens, but they take around two hours at a medium:cool: temp, is there going to be enough grills?

Trip...

I made the trip last year and glad I did. The Meet in Venice was awesome. I met several members first hand and got to ride the new RXT that was there as a disply by Douglas Motorsports. Man, what a rush.

I am looking forward to being there again this year. The day is set on my long weekend off. If everything goes to plan, I will be bringing my grill. It's a pretty good size. Anyone there last year might remember. I don't remember how many people were there but it kept up with making the burgers and dogs for all.

I've gone over the schedule with my wife and for the most part, it is good to go. But, I do work at a chemical plant where anything can happen. I've already learned this from past experience.

I am making the plans though and if all goes well, will be there with my grill, GTX and a small bag of tools, in the event anyone breaks down. So, lets have some fun, support the Seadooforum and show Tampa and St. Pete what a bunch of good looking Seadoo's we all have.

I think we should have some kind of "beauty" ........... no, for the skis, not the girls!...:D

Wish I could

I live in texas and Florida is a long way away. Do you guys have these in other areas more close to my region or is this a once a year deal?

Wish I could make it. I jusrt went back to work from being off 3 weeks. IF we could plan more in advance next year I would make it down from KY.

We'd love to have multiple event and this is something we can explore more in the future. We'll also give more notice next year.

Last year we had someone representing Douglas Powersports bring out a new Seadoo RXT. Anybody coming out from a dealer this year?

Would love to go but will be a little hard from the other side of the world have a blast every one......

hey has anyone looked into a airplane with a trailer....all the other guy's that can't make it (on the west coast) we could always plan one of these i think it would be a heavy hitter...and alot of fun...

Hey Dave, we can discuss other events in a new thread, but lets keep this one on topic. Feel free to start a new one, however, and we can guage interest and go from there :cheers:

------------------7/23 UPDATE!!!--------------------------

We are working with
Barneys of St. Pete to bring both demo craft, and a Jet Boat Show. All makes, from SeaDoo to Yamaha will be there, so you can compare the latest and greatest available. Details are pending, but this is definitely something to look forward to!

Keep looking to this thread for updates :)

Back