scrab 165

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Looks like Scrab bought the rights to sell there version of the seadoo speedster 150! Looks pretty nice; just bummed Seadoo stopped making these.

http://www.scarabjetboats.com/#section-165

Don't feel bummed, I was feeling that too, but I kinda like that Chaparral, Glastron, Scarab, and hopefully more are using our designs, that's a good thing because they use a lot of the parts of our boats, if you take a close look it's comprehensible our parts are interchangeable.. I like that..

If you take a look in person at any of these boats, they say Rotax all over it, even the switches, throttle levers, computers, engine, reverse gate, propulsion systems...

Ive seen quite a few of them at the lake because there is a scarab dealer there , they are pretty nice. they are all ( Chaparral, Glastron, Scarab) virtually the same as the previous seadoo boats they added a catalytic converter to the engines and a different air intake system but still same engines. actually the glastron is not as nice,,,, its pretty cheaply finished and stripped out for price i guess

I broke down and got the 165 HO Impulse 2015 and was Wowed from the get go. I was bummed to first couple of trips to the local river but now that I got 5 hours on it.... Its like riding a rocket with all of that 250HP still not being let loose (need 10hrs) I got to 48mph in drag racing style seconds, hairpins, ,180, 360s, drifting and jumping wakes was out of this world. Truly I'm a jet pilot now. Cant wait for more info to come in and manuals. That's been the problem, Scarab is not forth coming (not even user manuals) for 165 with in depth look at all the Settings you get (Dock assist, Eco, Ski, Cruise Modes) even setting the clock had nothing in print on it. BUT what a ride, I am impressed with the performance, the hole shots and the way it pulls 2 riders "just set it and forget it" ( Cruise control).
Looks like Scrab bought the rights to sell there version of the seadoo speedster 150! Looks pretty nice; just bummed Seadoo stopped making these.

http://www.scarabjetboats.com/#section-165

Last edited by a moderator:
I broke down and got the 165 HO Impulse 2015 and was Wowed from the get go. I was bummed to first couple of trips to the local river but now that I got 5 hours on it.... Its like riding a rocket with all of that 250HP still not being let loose (need 10hrs) I got to 48mph in drag racing style seconds, hairpins, ,180, 360s, drifting and jumping wakes was out of this world. Truly I'm a jet pilot now. Cant wait for more info to come in and manuals. That's been the problem, Scarab is not forth coming (not even user manuals) for 165 with in depth look at all the Settings you get (Dock assist, Eco, Ski, Cruise Modes) even setting the clock had nothing in print on it. BUT what a ride, I am impressed with the performance, the hole shots and the way it pulls 2 riders "just set it and forget it" ( Cruise control).

Nice!! Congrats pictures please :)

I watched that video and wondering about the top speed? 53mph! I can do 62mph in my speedster confirmed by gps. The cat and maybe they lowered the red line on these machines...just wondering. Besides that I do like the looks, I think I would miss the sun deck and storage that the sea doo was designed to have, I like the concept of the rear facing seats but only using them when still is a bummer. The rear facing speakers for the back seat are very cool...and I could see myself using them when swimming for some extra sound. I do a lot of slalom skiing and really like how sea doo incorporated the pylon in front of the engine....no matter how hard I cut, the back of the boat stays very planted and stays course. Not sure how well scarabs design will work now that the ski hook is in the very rear. It's amazing sea doo stopped making these, no matter where I go I get approached of people loving my speedster. And always, the first question is "how fast does that thing go!?" :)

I watched that video and wondering about the top speed? 53mph! I can do 62mph in my speedster confirmed by gps. The cat and maybe they lowered the red line on these machines...just wondering. Besides that I do like the looks, I think I would miss the sun deck and storage that the sea doo was designed to have, I like the concept of the rear facing seats but only using them when still is a bummer. The rear facing speakers for the back seat are very cool...and I could see myself using them when swimming for some extra sound. I do a lot of slalom skiing and really like how sea doo incorporated the pylon in front of the engine....no matter how hard I cut, the back of the boat stays very planted and stays course. Not sure how well scarabs design will work now that the ski hook is in the very rear. It's amazing sea doo stopped making these, no matter where I go I get approached of people loving my speedster. And always, the first question is "how fast does that thing go!?" :)

I got 6hrs on it now and top speed of 51mph, lots more, I hope to come, we'll see. Still I love the way it pulls my skier and riders out of the water (I have the Impulse w/tower). I too hate the back of the boat tug ring. I'm sending them a Design flaw document to hopefully help them make this rocket better. When I’m ready I’ll post it here to.

I got 6hrs on it now and top speed of 51mph, lots more, I hope to come, we'll see. Still I love the way it pulls my skier and riders out of the water (I have the Impulse w/tower). I too hate the back of the boat tug ring. I'm sending them a Design flaw document to hopefully help them make this rocket better. When I’m ready I’ll post it here to.

Yeah be sure to update; interested in what input you provide. Funny my brother has an inboard/outboard much bigger boat with the same tow ring. Towing from the very back of the boat, It was easy to make the driver have to correct the boat to stay course under hard cuts. I'm in full agreement with the way it gets a skier out of the water, so easy. Enjoy the new boat and thank you for your honest opinion.

I found a retractable center ski pylon online. I think I can make it work (needs to be a little taller to get over the seat backs) the only thing is, it will involve cutting a hole in my new boat and putting some backing braces on. Wife is going crazy, but she knows I’ll do it right or not do it at all. I also know some good fab shops in the area that have help me on other projects, maybe I’ll talk to them on getting that height problem fixed. Whatever the case I’m going to do something to get that drag stopped.

Nice!! Congrats pictures please :)

165 HO Scarab 3.jpg

These are dealer picks, the first one is my boat. Still need to download my phone
Sorry bottom pic is what I want to do with a wrap on the top in black

Attachments

• 4790824_0_311219691600_1.jpg
    4790824_0_311219691600_1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 102
Well nice friend! hopefully you get better resolution pictures :) and a video of you pulling the skier would be great..

Beautiful boat! I put a 10 inch sub in my boat and was nervous at first but you'll find it's not hard. Take you're time and mask things off. Good luck!

That's my vintage 97 Challenger tinker-toy 2-stroke that I got humming at around 52MPH with some mods, no with a lot of mods. Currently adding a tower, soundproofing, stereo with bullet speaker and a new wrap from world class wraps SEADOO | CHALLENGER | JET BOAT | GRAPHICS | WRAPS
What did you pay for the scrab 165??? I just bought the seadoo speedster 150 with the 255hp. It was mint and only had 50 hours on it. It came out to 13k usd.

Attachments

• 20200822_150543.jpg
    20200822_150543.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20200913-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20200913-WA0015.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200911_180616.jpg
    IMG_20200911_180616.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 17
I got a steal in 2015 with only 1Hr on it of me testing it on a nearby lake (right out of the crate and covered with plastic wrap). I got it for 25K out the door with every bells and whistles on it including Sport mode and a surge brake trailer with custom wheels. The only thing I didn’t get was the fire suppressant system.

The Company was going out of business and I made them an offer for $160 a month for 15yrs and 25K out the door. They took it and I’ve been very happy.

In Sports mode I got a round 60mph. Now that I’m out of warranty I’ve added some performance parts, a new grate, Impros - Skat-Trak SD Swirl 4-Blade Impeller and a larger Intercooler (RIVA Sea-Doo GEN-3 Power Cooler with a Power Filter) to get around 65-67mph GPS. I can pull 2 skiers up out of the water @ the same time if there good enough and o yay while not legal, I can get on plain and up the scary speeds with two people seating in the back seats holding on for dear life (I added SS Handles to help them). Theirs more to be done to go faster. Like adding a VTS system from a donor and replacing the exhaust/cooling system with a more simple racing setup from RIVA but, I would not be allowed on some lakes because I would lose my eco rating. I really do have to post some pictures, sorry - Terry

F.Y.I. I love my 2015 all Sea-Doo (Rotax) Scarab 165 but the new 300 Rotax in the 2020 Scarab 165 screams and then remove the GPS speed governor (Sports Mode)

Why does scarab claim the top speed is 56mph with 300HP, when my Speedster 150 can hit 62 MPH with 255HP? Do they weight that much more than a speedster?

Back