Safety Mode?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chadd

I have an 02 utopia Mercury v6, the warning alarm sounded for low oil and now it wont turn off. It also is running in a safe mode, only allows me to reach 4000 rpms and still beeps...yes it has oil. how do i reset or replace? runs very smooth, just has the alarm.

M-2

Low oil warning alarm. There are a few things that can be going on here. We’ll discuss a couple of them. The M-2 has two oil reservoirs. They work together to provide the necessary oil to the engine when it’s running
That being said, you need to check the caps, where the electrical lines exit the cap for any damage to the wires.
Next, check the oil injection linkage rod to the control is of the tank.
Look for water in the oil separator.
You could have a defective sensor. Do not remove the cap, but do continuity test. If continuity exists, then the sensor may be bad.
To reset the computer, you may be able to just disconnect the negative cable of the battery. Wait a few minutes and set it back on…..I don’t know if that will work, but it’s worth a try………….
Louis

Welcome to the Seadoo Forum Chadd.
:agree: Seadoosnipe is right on...If you want to join as a premium member you could download a authenic seadoo manual from the seadoo forum library of manuals, and check out the troubleshooting section in the manual also. The manuals have lots of info needed to perform you own diagnostic test. They have pictures and complete walk through for testings. You can read it on line as a pdf file or download it and print it off for you own personal and privet use. It isn't free but it is priceless if you want to do your own repairs. Click on the "Seadoo Manuals" link at the top of the page for more details. If you get in a jam come back here and we will be happy to assist. This seadoo forum is full of active , friendly members just eager to help out.
Karl

Thanks Karl!....

Good info. I'll have to keep that in mind if I come across a ski I'm working on and I don't have that manual. How many manuals do you have? I don't have the new 2008 yet. I don't think they have one on the market yet.

I don't have any manuals...the seadoo forum does. I just click on the "Seadoo Manuals" link at the top of the page and I have all the manuals at my finger tips. I have downloaded a couple manuals for seadoo's that I was working on, and left them on my hard drive in my laptop so I can print off what I want and not get my puter greasy. I think you can view the Manuals but you can't open them till you join as a premium member. I was so impressed, I joined for the full year, just in case the price go up.
Karl

manuals....

Well, for the moment, I have about 11 hard copy and several on microfiche. But I don't have the new 2007 or 08 manual on the SeaDoo's. I have one 2008 on the Honda's........
But I'll keep the idea open to your premium section. Thanks for the info

Chad....

Chad, we haven't heard from you in a while on the issue with your M-2, so if you continue to have the same problem or find another one, please feel free to open a new thread.....:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back