Rxp-x 260 RS 2012

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

zmilos

Hi everyone I thought I put this out there as the forum community has expanded and there’s a lot of guys on this chat that have a lot of experience with skis so hopefully someone can help.
I had this JetSki sitting in pieces for about two years I finally got around to fix it had a broken timing chain.
Originally this was a heavy modified ski with lot of RIVA racing parts bolted onto it and the ECU modified to drive up to 10,000 RPM
The ski had 59 hours and that’s where the chain snapped.
I wanted to scale it back to its original set up but because there’s so many mods done on it and a lot of the original parts are missing this is impossible so I’m gonna have to rebuild it to what it was before the chain gave way.
After putting the ski together I couldn’t get it to start after checking everything I discovered that we have very low compression on all three cylinders averaging 60 PSI eventually I got to start by injecting additional oil into the cylinders to increase the compression so finally the JetSki started
It raved up very high until all the Extra oil got burnt off and eventually settle down running at around 1800 rpm.
I did this a few times running it on a hose for about 2 to 3 minutes each time giving it plenty time to cool down.
I wanted to heat the engine up and also get it to start running on some fresh fuel.
Upon checking compression on all three cylinders I discovered that one cylinder recovered the compression to somewhat normal averaging around 120 psi the other two are still low around 60 PSI the ski now starts on fuel only without oil assistance.
I’m suspecting that I have stuck piston rings and that’s where I’m leaking compression I’m just trying to find out if anyone out there had a similar problem and is it possible to recover out of this just by adding some additives into fuel / oil.

The other problem that I have and it might be related to low compression is that skin now won’t rev past 3500 RPM
There is no other fault codes on it but at the present state is useless taking it out on the water.
As always many thanks for anyone that’s interested to help

Last edited:
Hi everyone I thought I put this out there as the forum community has expanded and there’s a lot of guys on this chat that have a lot of experience with skis so hopefully someone can help.
I had this JetSki sitting in pieces for about two years I finally got around to fix it had a broken timing chain.
Originally this was a heavy modified ski with lot of RIVA racing parts bolted onto it and the ECU modified to drive up to 10,000 RPM
The ski had 59 hours and that’s where the chain snapped.
I wanted to scale it back to its original set up but because there’s so many mods done on it and a lot of the original parts are missing this is impossible so I’m gonna have to rebuild it to what it was before the chain gave way.
After putting the ski together I couldn’t get it to start after checking everything I discovered that we have very low compression on all three cylinders averaging 60 PSI eventually I got to start by injecting additional oil into the cylinders to increase the compression so finally the JetSki started
It raved up very high until all the Extra oil got burnt off and eventually settle down running at around 1800 rpm.
I did this a few times running it on a hose for about 2 to 3 minutes each time giving it plenty time to cool down.
I wanted to heat the engine up and also get it to start running on some fresh fuel.
Upon checking compression on all three cylinders I discovered that one cylinder recovered the compression to somewhat normal averaging around 120 psi the other two are still low around 60 PSI the ski now starts on fuel only without oil assistance.
I’m suspecting that I have stuck piston rings and that’s where I’m leaking compression I’m just trying to find out if anyone out there had a similar problem and is it possible to recover out of this just by adding some additives into fuel / oil.

The other problem that I have and it might be related to low compression is that skin now won’t rev past 3500 RPM
There is no other fault codes on it but at the present state is useless taking it out on the water.
As always many thanks for anyone that’s interested to help

Attachments

• DA6A730B-6FA6-4FB7-9B6C-C60D120C32D4.jpeg
    DA6A730B-6FA6-4FB7-9B6C-C60D120C32D4.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 11C9321A-C18D-46A7-BC2F-539A8A6C7585.jpeg
    11C9321A-C18D-46A7-BC2F-539A8A6C7585.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
  • D8C3873E-3EF7-4DCB-A50F-135E4BEF85B3.jpeg
    D8C3873E-3EF7-4DCB-A50F-135E4BEF85B3.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
Hi guys just to give you an update I finally figured out what the issue was with my engine not raving up past 3500rpm, it’s not compression related I had an issue with the throttle body I had to take my RXP down to the dealer and do a computer scan which revealed that there was an issue with the TB even though it wasn’t throwing any codes. The Mechanik Couldn’t reset the throttle body even with the computer ,so told me it was faulty and I need a new one.
Also for anyone messing with the throttle body , and they are common issue on all SeaDoos you have to reset the throttle body!!
I figured out how to do my manual without the computer and guess what it worked and my engine raves now normally.

The spindle sometimes seized up and I have freed up quite a few
Resetting the throttle body basically allows the ECU know where the spindle is and can compute fuel mixture etc

Hi this is the only key that the ski came with like I said earlier it’s completely modified ski and the ECU has been mapped to rave up to 10,000 RPM key that it came with is the unrestricted version
Furthermore I since have figured out why the ski doesn’t have passed 3500RPM Throttle body issues hence I wanted to find out if any of the guys know how to do a hard reset on the throttle body because that’s what caused the issue in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back