Reading SeaDoo 4 TEC valves

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

WaterJet

Hi Guys,

Recently purchased a 2008 RXPX255. The thing rips. I have a few questions.

I did a compression test and the results were
125 PSI - 3
105PSI - 2
105PSI - 1

It ran 7800 rpm wot with that compression.

It was leaking coolant, so I replaced the head with an SBT head and rebuilt the SC. It now turns 7950rpm WOT. Is this an acceptable WOT Rpm?

Also, here is a pic of the old head. The highest compression cylinder had a weird sand like carbon on the piston and valves. What causes this? The other 2 cylinders valves look more normal.

Cheers,
Jake
IMG_6604.jpeg

Also, it still leaks coolant after the new head was installed, but didn’t leak coolant on the last 2 tanks. Do you know any common places coolant leaks from? The ride plate?

Could have been trapped air coming out of the cooling system on the first tank which caused the level to drop.

There is a weep hole on the coolant pump on the engine. You may want to verify it is not leaking from there.

IMO the cylinder on the left looks like it is running proper. For the other 2, the darker it is, the richer they are running.

Ok good to know, I’ll check the weep hole.

Another question. It uses about half the dipstick per tank. The mechanical TOPS valve appears ok, and I can blow through it when it is upright and it is blocked when inverted. The oil appears to be coming through the breather hose as it is right through the intake before the supercharger. What else could be causing this oil consumption? Failed piston rings? The middle cylinder had some minor wear marks on the sides, but couldn’t catch it with my nail it was still smooth.

A leak down test may yield valuable information in finding root cause.

Are the compression values listed in post 1 before or after new hea? If prior, has a new compression test been performed.

A leak down test may yield valuable information in finding root cause.

Are the compression values listed in post 1 before or after new hea? If prior, has a new compression test been performed.
Those compression test numbers were before the new head. I’ll do another test, just need to find a compression tester that fits as mine has a bigger fitting.

Back