RXP 215 Top End

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdmadisonga

First time Sea Doo owner. Purchased a 2006 GTI w/130 hp and a 2007 RXP 215 supercharged. My question is; what should I expect concerning the top end speed of each.? The GTI runs right at 54mph, I clocked it with the on-board speedo and also with a handheld GPS unit. With the RXP i'm getting similar results; both readings are 57 mph. that is running on smooth as glass water, no wind and no waves. Does that sound right for the RXP? Damn thing is fast as hell from a dead stop but once you hit 50 it takes a minute to finally top out at about 57.

I ha e a new RXT X 300 and a 215 Wave Pro. My wave pro tops out at 61 to 63 depending on conditions. When the wear ring was scored it couldn’t get passed 57. I replaced it and it was back to normal. My RXT 300 Barely gets passes 70.

The fact that it is a beast out of the hole, tells me that the impeller, wear ring, and Super harder are likely good.

Based on that, I’m guessing someone changed the impeller. Increased the low end torque but decreases the top end speed.

What RPMs are you seeing on the top end.

Was on the Lake today. Using premium fuel, calm conditions., sport mode, and 24 Celsius the 215 did 62 mph at 7,950 RPM. Wind was moderate. Fuel tank half full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back