Seadoo rxp 215 2005 rod-end cap problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diko

Hello you all,

First of all am Dutch so sorry if my English is not perfect.

I have a 2005 rxp 215 that I’m rebuilding. Today I tried to install the crank and found out that one of my rod-end caps does not fit the crank. When I compare it with the other two I can see a small difference.

Does anyone have an idea how this could have happend? Maybe it was dropped?

Is it possible to swap out one connection rod with out taken the head apart? My sleeves look like new and it has great compression.

Thanks for the help! It looks like a great community here!

Attachments

• 50EE89F9-00C2-4778-8EEA-64158BC422A4.jpeg
    50EE89F9-00C2-4778-8EEA-64158BC422A4.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 13067C9C-36A1-46BF-BC06-29855065BC8F.jpeg
    13067C9C-36A1-46BF-BC06-29855065BC8F.jpeg
    351 KB · Views: 18
You do know that the rod caps are not interchangeable, correct?

They are line drilled as a single piece for perfect sizing and then they are broken apart. They have to mate perfectly and the correct direction with their original mate.

Thank you for the reply, yes I know it is the correct rod cap, it fits perfect on the rod. But is just to small to fit over the bearing surface.

I would think if it fit before and it doesn’t fit after, unless someone is pranking you, that what ever you changed between now and then is the problem. The rod bearings for that particular rod are probably the wrong size.

I never took the pistons out of the block, 2 of the 3 rods fit perfect and have the right clearance. but the third does not fit on the crank at all.

Could you add some detail, what you did, any new parts, are all the parts back exactly where they were.
If all original parts in correct position & orientation, I hate to say it but perhaps it was just cranked down with the bolt before. Do you recall any disassembly differences ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back