2008 GTX Wake 215 Impeller Upgrade

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriz

After swapping out oil for grease in my Wake 215 (previous owner must have been confused), I posted some pics and was alerted that my wear ring and prop looked haggard. I had been noticing a little cavitation by way of hesitation when initially hitting the throttle. I wanted to do a little comparison between the stock prop and the Solas prop so I went out yesterday, which was glass flat in Florida thanks to a North wind, on the stock setup and ran 61 mph. Stats on ski are 2008 Wake 215, ~150 hours (gauge cluster swap, so true hours unknown), on full tank of ethanol free gas, no wind, no chop. I was semi-impressed with the baseline performance. My buddy was out with his 2021 GTI 170 and I was walking away from him at the top end, though he was killing me out of the hole. I purchased a SOLAS SRX-CD-13/18, which should be the right pitch for a stock 215, and just finished installing it and a new wear ring (which was super easy using the freezer trick). The conditions are not ideal for testing today, but once the water calms down I will post my results.

Well, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. Water was finally flat and I did a top speed run with the new wear ring and prop. Top speed on back to back runs was only 62, so I gained 1 whole MPH. Out of the hole performance was improved, which is a little victory, but I was hoping for 63-65 mph with upgrades. Maybe with a little wear in I can get another MPH out of this set up, but I think I am going to have to look to other areas for speed increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back