Rookie looking for advice!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

CanDoo

Hi guy's, I'm new to this seadoo world. Just Purchased a 2000 Millenium GTX and had it out in White fish last weekend. First ride ever. Been driving an old 1980 18ft inboard for years and have not had this much fun. Anyway my question is, is that my doo toped out at 6500rpm. Is that normal since the book says it should go to 7200rpm. Top speed was 55mph and man does this thing cook! Anyway any advice etc you can give a local Alberta boy would be appreciated. Oh and by the way I have been driving by KooKanusa for years and will have to try it out.

I would change the spark plugs and try it. What is the compression? It should be ideally 150 psi.

Karl

Does it matter that it's idle is about 1050rpm in the water? I was going to try turning up the idle to 1400 in water as the book suggested.

With everything being stock and in good condition, it will only rev up to 6750 - 6850 RPM at top speed. The book is referring to the 7200 rev limiter setting.

Chester

Does it matter that it's idle is about 1050rpm in the water? I was going to try turning up the idle to 1400 in water as the book suggested.

Yes, bring up the idle to spec. Also, check to see if the throttle cable is properly adjusted and fully opening the throttle plates.

Chester

Hey thanks for all the info Guys. I will try a few of these things to night. I hope to get out and play with this again tomorrow.

Back