Just Bought a 2009 RXP & 2009 RXT - Looking for Advice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I've been a Seadoo owner for the last 3 year with my 96 XP and I'm not gonna lie, the thing is a far cry from reliable, something was always seeming to go wrong and here in NY the season is too short to be wasting it tinkering away. So I found a set of matching yellow skis (because its obviously the best color) in Ocean City, MD on fb marketplace and took the ride down. So for 10 grand I bought a 2009 RXT with 135 hours, a 2009 RXP with 170 hours and the double trailer, all from the original owner with paperwork and receipts that he had just spent close to 6 grand servicing them and rebuilding the superchargers at the end of last season. I just took them out for the first time yesterday on the Hudson River and they both seem to be running fantastic. The only thing wrong with the skis was the RXP cluster was cracked and had water in it, ski still starts and runs great though, and the RXT was missing the yellow key so he had the green learning key reprogrammed to do full speed. So I just ordered both of those things off of Ebay brand new for about $600 bucks and I'm planning on taking it in to the dealer to do the programming when they arrive. The previous owner stated he had the keys programmed interchangeably but I've found it to only work on the RXP. I wanted to know if I can program all 4 keys, (2 yellow, 2 green) to work on both skis and have the other green key programmed to do top speed because why not? The only thing I did notice is that on the RXP104242392_3104497889638603_1737019075956313943_o.jpg the steering is tight when turning full lock to the right, I wanted to know what could cause this. The nozzle and OPAS seem to be moving fine in and out of the water but something feels like it's binding when going all the way to the right and I wasn't sure if it was a matter of lubrication.Listing Edit.png
104467356_3104497872971938_2013854707928549230_o.jpg
Other than that I wanted to know if there's anything I should do or keep an eye on with these skis, better yet any must have accessories. I'm thinking of adding a BT speaker to at least one of them and wiring it off the battery now that these are reliable enough to go out in the river alone on, music would be nice and NYC is a short ride away.

Thanks in advance guys, any advice is greatly appreciated

I also wanted to ask everyone's opinion on fuel, the service manual states the minimum is regular 87 octane but also says it recommends 91 premium. I filled them up with regular while bringing them back but I was curious if anyone noticed a difference in performance because of the octane

thanks again

You can program up to 8 keys per ski so no problem having all 4 keys work for both skis.

You can program up to 8 keys per ski so no problem having all 4 keys work for both skis.
Great to hear, in that case I'm bringing them both to the dealer tomorrow for the gauge and the keys and praying they don't charge me an arm and a leg for what i know will be 15 minutes of work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back