RFI MPEM 5A Fuse blows - problem found

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
GS2001 5amp fuse blown

past week have same problem running in the lake engine turn off and nothing, then when i check it 5amp fuse was blown dsconecting diferents plugs until fuse stand ok it was stator i think it could be same problem of diode but where is located this is a GS2001 with only one multiconnector MPEM, also need to know how to check stator? thank's for any help

I think you should try to download the BRP factory service manual, the electrical schematic and procedure for checking the stator are all in there.

Are there any signs of MPEM life after unplugging the stator, such as beeper, instruments or cranking?

past week have same problem running in the lake engine turn off and nothing, then when i check it 5amp fuse was blown dsconecting diferents plugs until fuse stand ok it was stator i think it could be same problem of diode but where is located this is a GS2001 with only one multiconnector MPEM, also need to know how to check stator? thank's for any help

proyecpol, cool dog, I've got a carin terrier mix that looks a lot like your dog.

Please start a new thread in the 2-stroke PWC forum, the how-to section is typically for informational purpose only. Start a new thread and I'll move these two post to the new thread.

You'll get better results in the 2-stroke PWC forum.

Thanks,

Lou

Thank's Lou Doo, i planning to disassamble this week end finally to see what's happen i was 4 weekend's with to much work and can't do that.

Thank's Waltman 1, today i took off MPEM and peel of cover and search for diode but in this GS computer diode is located at left side from fuse box, i replaced it and test and works well.

Ok, I stumbled on this post, due to my 5a fuse blowing on this brain, I was fully prepared to replace the diode when I noticed that this fuse only blew upon atempting to trim up/down... So I took the trim motor off, and disconnected the wire to the trim motor, noted that the fuse no longer blew when using the button for trim, also noted that the motor seemed locked up. I took the motor apart, and with some lubrication, and some tender loving care, I got the trim motor freely moving again... Put it back together, without having to do the diode, and no more popping of said fuse. So my advice, before you go through all the trouble of depotting, replacing this diode, and repotting, check the simple things 1st...

All,

Read this forum...I just did it and fixed it! I bought the diode from Amazon.com. I thank you for saving me $400.00! If anybody needs directions I would be happy to walk you through it.
What mpem do u have mine looks like this

Attachments

• 20181231_181847.jpg
    20181231_181847.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 41
Hi, new to this site. Just bought a used 1994 speedster twin, boat in great shape, motors very clean and well cared for. Problem here is the guy I got it from jump started the boat and blew the Mpem. Turn on the key and the 5amp fuse blows. I have been looking for one or some kind up grade and have seen many post on here about finding and replacing the blown diode, Potting isn't to hard to take down for me, but no clue as to where or what i am really looking for. Anyone here maybe could pint me to what or where on the board it is? Thanks.

Upgraded Component?

"s3jetman,
PM me... This is similar to a repair I do but I use an upgraded component to avoid future blows down the road."

I am about to make this same repair. Is there a better component that will not continue to have this problem. The old diode is hard enough to find. If there is a better solution, any help you can give would be appreciated!

The best or I should say, correct solution is to never jump start from or too a vehicle that has a bad or poorly charged battery, get a known good battery instead. The new electronic brains are easily damaged by the dirty currents and high voltages that can occur while jump starting, the problem goes beyond the surge protect diode and it's roots are in the properties of the inductors in an engine. Instantaneous V=L(di/dt) can exceed 150V under some conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back