Reviving abandoned gtx millennium edition

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbfenton

Ok guys new to the forum and also new to working on sea doos. Pretty proffecient mechanical skills. Let me cut to the chase my Buddy has a 1999 gtx the mpem was bad and was told I can have it.ths been sitting under a cover for 10 years. I bought a new mpem for it with a key for 200 bucks only problem I have is I jumped the gun and bought a 98 mpem. If turn over and only sparks on 1 cylinder. Turns out they had a single coil set up in 98 and duel in 99. I really don't want to buy a new mpem for it and was wondering if I could splice power from the working coil to power the other one. Another idea I had is buying a single coil used on the 98 and swapping the coil packs out. Not sure how timing is controlled on these so any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Devon

hi. I just had this problem on my 98 gtx you have to swap the flywheel cup around they have different triggers on them and that is why you have just one cylinder firing. I had a 98 951 ski and put in a used 99 951 out of a gtx and it would not run well. was told that there is a difference in the triggering cup from a 98 to a 99. took the stator housing off swapped the cup and it ran like a champ. just sold it last week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back