Reputable Seadoo Mechanic in Tampa, FL Area?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

leepoffaith

I'm looking for a reputable seadoo mechanic in the Tampa, FL area. Does anyone know of one? I am just finishing up changing out the grey fuel lines on my 2000 GTX along with cleaning both fuel filters, the fuel selector switch and rebuilding the carbs. Throughout this process I have come across many issues and think that I am just going to pay someone to do the same on my 2001 XP. It's smaller and has a lot less room to work. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Also, what would an appropriate cost be for rebuilding the carbs and changing out the fuel lines on a 2001 XP? Thanks!

You can try
THE JETSKI STORE in Pinellas Park, FL!!! www.thejetskistore.com
12165 49th St N Pinellas Park, FL 33762

Or Joe Kingsland Kinglands auto and marine repair
Kingsland Auto/Marin 8900 Phyliss Ave Sarasota 34231 941-330-4170
Mon-Friday but Sunday by appointment only

or
Action powersports - 2705 1st Street 34208 941-245-9521
Bradenton
Ask for Brad (Rampage...member on here)

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if you are willing to drive 2 hours south, but I can recommend a good guy in the Ft Myers area.
but your looking at quite a drive.
he's very familiar with 951's runs them himself, and has access to a lot of misc parts if minor things come up and he's very very fair.
he's only 20 minutes away from me but honestly, if he moved to tampa,i'd still tow my stuff up to him when I get in over my head (which is often)

Last edited by a moderator:
you might take another look at your XP lines, i recently did the lines on my 97, and due to the location of the engine in relation to the fuel tank and selector switch, its not too difficult to run the lines. all you have to do to get at the top of the fuel baffle is to pull the seat off, and pop off the inspection cover underneath, the tank is right there. you might have more of the 3/8" lines than 1/4" lines since mine is an 800 and yours a 951, but i ended up using 9ft of 3/8" and 8ft of 1/4" line.

unless the carbs are as difficult to get at as it sometimes sounds, then you might just rather spend the money than spend the time working on the ship in the bottle

Thanks for the recommendations thus far from everyone. I would really prefer a mechanic in Tampa, FL or one that makes housecalls. I made a jet ski stand from one of the plans on this site so it's pretty easy to work on in my garage.

Strizzo - Thanks for the tips! I was thinking of replacing the fuel lines, cleaning the fuel filters and cleaning/replacing the fuel selector switch myself and just letting the mechanic do the carburetor. It's running OK right now, but it has a fairly low idle and sometimes studders around 3000 rpms. Once its warmed up it runs pretty good. I know the carbs have never been cleaned and it has grey fuel lines so these are things that need to be done either way. The fuel selector switch in stuck on the regular tank and will not move, so that could be the main problem. :)

if you are wanting to do everything but rebuild the carbs, you could even ship them out to one of the guys on here that re-works carbs. i think Dr. Honda has done mail-out rebuilds before, but i'm not sure if its part of his standard practice or not.

Hi there! I work at The Jet Ski Store (as mentioned below), PLEASE give us a call at 727-329-8940 (if you haven't already) and talk to someone about your issue. We will try to help you out with anything that you need. :thumbsup:

you go see him, he will check it out, usually doesnt charge anything to check it out, and then if you want it done, he will work by the estimate, he is real fair, he also usually has skis for sell, he has a race xp inside, call 8139273466, if skis arent worth fixing, he will tell you, he sells brp oil, cheap, also batteries, parts, acessories == when u call, tell helen that jeff from dodge dealer referred you

Here is a story about a mechanic referred to in post#2

How well do you know your mechanic and how good are they?

Today I received a call from one of my customers, husband fell short of the dock when exiting the boat and needed to go to the emergancy room. Boat was at a resturant dock and their truck/trailer at a local ramp, I had no problem picking up the boat driving it to the ramp and loading onto their trailer, I then take the boat to my shop and drop it, I return their truck to their home and then I return to my home.... Then I preform a rinse down of entire boat and remove all their belongings to my truck, I rinse down all fishing gear and flush the outboard motor then I trailer the boat to the storage lot for them and deliver the customers all their belongings, cleaned fishing gear and keys...etc.... All in a days work..... Would your mechanic do that for you in a spur of the moment need?

Joe Kingsland - Some have a good mechanic others have an excellent mechanic. Something like that a customer will never forget. What sets me apart is I'm not just your mechanic in most cases I'm also your friend! .

If you want a good automotive and boat mechanic.... Kingsland Auto & Marine Services is the place to deal with!

I live in tampa and swear by the guys at the jet ski store. Craig the wrench there is the man, really knows his stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back