Replacing 210 m2

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

teemgic

Hey,

WE just bought a used 2000 sportster and the powerhead blew. We need to replace the powerhead. What else can I replace my merc 210hp m2 with? I've contacted a few different places and cannot get any alternatives. I thought since the 175 is the same block that it might work but everyone is telling me it won't. WE need help! Any suggestions?

210 and 240 hp....

The only engine Seadoo used from the Mercury line in the recent years was the 210 and 240 hp Mercury M-2 Optimax.....
So, your choices are limited to one of those two engines. They are the only engines to work on a worm gear driven jet propulsion unit. No other engine will work with that pump. Even the though of changing it all out to the now used 4-TEC engine wouldn't work without complete modifications. Then, at that price, you could have bought one.
Sorry, your stuck with either a rebuild or replacement. And quite honestly, I'd go back to the 210 hp because the electrical system is different on the 240. The 210 is carbed, I think. And the 240 is fuel injected.

Yes the 210 is carbed and it would seem as if I have to replace it with a 210. The only thing is that so far I can't find a rebuilt 210 only new. Does anyone know where I could find one? Thanks for the help. We are going to fix it one way or another.

Rebuild

Try Seilermarine.com Found them on the web last night ,3200 for a rebuilt . Bottom case on my 210 blew out on lower r side , looks like fatigue. I will pick one up next spring for mine as they have a one year warranty.

The only engine Seadoo used from the Mercury line in the recent years was the 210 and 240 hp Mercury M-2 Optimax.....
So, your choices are limited to one of those two engines. They are the only engines to work on a worm gear driven jet propulsion unit. No other engine will work with that pump. Even the though of changing it all out to the now used 4-TEC engine wouldn't work without complete modifications. Then, at that price, you could have bought one.
Sorry, your stuck with either a rebuild or replacement. And quite honestly, I'd go back to the 210 hp because the electrical system is different on the 240. The 210 is carbed, I think. And the 240 is fuel injected.

Actually the Mercury 200 Hp Optimax would work on the m2 jet pump. The only differance between the 175 and the 200 210 and the 240 is that the 175 exsuahst through the jet pump. The 175 can be mounted on the m2 however you would need adaptor plates, mercury sells them.

Seadoo's......

The line of Seadoo's that came out in 2000 thru 2005 were the 210, 240 and 250 hp engines. With adapter plates, you may be able to run a 200 hp engine, but with the hull weight and design, the 200 may be under powered for these boats.

You can find the remanufactured Mercury engines for a good price at www.crowleymarine.com. Do not try to use their home page search engine. Give them a call and tell them what you got and they'll set you up with a good price.

It's been while since I checked, but they did the refurbished enignes with a core for a couple thousand.....:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back