No water out of tell tale

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Westernguy

Hey there I’ve got a 2000 sea doo sportster 1800 with the 240 mercury m2 jet drive carbureted motor. The motor just Grenaded cylinder 1, already pulled heads off and piston is in pieces. What’s done is done now but I was looking on this forum and read that somehow if the tell tale on the back of the boat is plugged up it can cause the motor to overheat? I didn’t even know this boat had a tell tale until I looked for it and sure enough it was plugged with about 6 inches of sand. Ran this boat probaly ten times like this and never had any issue. Any response is appreciated as I cannot see how the tell tale being plugged up would cause this to happen

Tell tale is usually the highest point in the cooling system, and lets the air vent out
Air pockets will cause hotspots in the cooling system.

Hey there I’ve got a 2000 sea doo sportster 1800 with the 240 mercury m2 jet drive carbureted motor. The motor just Grenaded cylinder 1, already pulled heads off and piston is in pieces. What’s done is done now but I was looking on this forum and read that somehow if the tell tale on the back of the boat is plugged up it can cause the motor to overheat? I didn’t even know this boat had a tell tale until I looked for it and sure enough it was plugged with about 6 inches of sand. Ran this boat probaly ten times like this and never had any issue. Any response is appreciated as I cannot see how the tell tale being plugged up would cause this to happen
If hot water can’t get out, cool water can’t get in.
Checking flow from the pee hole is part of my check-before-you-tow list.
You may not get flow from the pee hole if you have low pressure or restrictions when running on a hose.

My heart goes out to you for your loss. I hope your block was not damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back