New 2022 GTI 130 No tell tale connected

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

berg7

Hi, I purchased a new GTI130 last year (2022 model) and for no reason I can explain except dumbness on my part, I never paid attention to the tell tale. I use it in salt water and always flush it out but never knew there was a tell tale until watching a youtube video. I investigated and the tell tale is solid white plastic on the inside of the hull, there isn't even a hose attached to it. I assume the hose isn't laying on the bottom of the hull because I have virtually no water in the hull after using it.
I'm assuming there is supposed to be a working tell tale on this machine. Has anyone ever heard of that? Would the engine be damaged if the factory didn't install the tell tale hose?

Looking for direction/ information before driving to the dealer.

Thanks

No such thing as a tell tale on a Seadoo, closed loop cooling for the engine and the exhaust cooling is open loop but no telltale. If you want tell tale on your pwc you would need to buy a Yamaha.

It is closed loop for the engine but they use the lake water to cool the exhaust. Otherwise there would be no need for a flush port. On a Youtube video from Robinson Marine posted one year ago, they have the same PWC as mine for an example of how to flush. They explain the closed loop and they point out the tell tale- which is peeing out water.
I'm still convinced there should be a stream not a plugged port in the hull.

There is a vent on the newer external intercooler models that will look like a tell tale. That really isn't the design intent for the vent which is so it doesn't trap air on the top side of the intercooler. Your GTI is not intercooled so there will be no tell tale.

The plugged port in the hull is an air vent for the battery.

Last edited:
Back