Regulator Block Screws

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loganab13

Hey guys. I started disassembling my carburetor today (SBN 38) only to find the two tiny screws that hold the regulator block down are totally stripped. If anyone knows where I can get a couple of those screws, please let me know... these screws are going to have to be VERY carefully drilled out:facepalm:

I rebuilt some carbs that had been exposed to water & one screw broke off. I was able to drill it out in my drill press. My local hardware store had the drill & tap set, as well as all the screws. I think it was a 2mm, or 3mm. I can check for you. I think the one that broke on me was the needle pin retainer screw though.

Some of those screws can be crazy tight. What I have done when they don't come out easy, it set the carb body in a hydraulic press, with the press pushing down on the screwdriver. I don't give it much force, but its just enough so that when I turn the screwdriver with a wrench, there's way less chance of the screwdriver backing up & stripping the heads of the screw. (hope that makes sense)

awesome guys, thank you. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that a cordless impact would probably do a great job getting most of those tight bolts and screws out, without stripping the hell out of everything. I ended up just drilling the heads off the screws, pulling the regulator block out, and using a pair of needle-nose pliers to get the remaining bolt stud out. Looks like i'm going to order me a new hardware kit- thanks [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION]:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back