New to the Forum- Questions about 97 XP Carb and Suspension Parts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LWOADAM

Hello - New to the forum and Jet Ski's in general. I am fixing an abandoned 97' XP and am replacing lines / carb materials. I have some general questions that I've searched the forum for, but being more into dirtbikes and cars I am learning about the skis and having fun with it.

EVI0n4D.jpg

I managed to strip some screws out and didn't know if someone who has had the same problem would know. What size screws are the countersunk one in this photo? Both are useless and have been drilled / discarded.

vOVoxhI.jpg

Also - I broke some of the T connections, and what seems like a filter as well. Where can I get these replacement parts from? If anyone knows a good source for some replacement shock bushing set, please let me know as well. These ones were dry rotted, but overall I think the ski is in good shape.

0NFHCtk.jpg

qwVY5hB.jpg

Last edited:
Get your carb rebuild kits from SEA DOO Yamaha Kawasaki Polaris Parts - OSD Marine, Your ONE SOURCE for DISCOUNT Parts! there will be an option for getting replacement screws that you can take advantage of that also includes the internal screws (judging from the outside ones, you may need some of those also!) Follow the carb rebuild thread from @mikidymac and it will work out great. I have done a bunch of these carbs and I still pull the thread up while I am doing it on my iPad so I don’t overlook anything. I have the exact same ski that I’m getting ready to work on. These things are a blast!

Get your carb rebuild kits from SEA DOO Yamaha Kawasaki Polaris Parts - OSD Marine, Your ONE SOURCE for DISCOUNT Parts! there will be an option for getting replacement screws that you can take advantage of that also includes the internal screws (judging from the outside ones, you may need some of those also!) Follow the carb rebuild thread from @mikidymac and it will work out great. I have done a bunch of these carbs and I still pull the thread up while I am doing it on my iPad so I don’t overlook anything. I have the exact same ski that I’m getting ready to work on. These things are a blast!
Thanks for the reply, I am going to get in touch with them. They seem to have a lot 2-Cycle parts. After probing around the carbs I might rebuild these for backups and just get a whole new set.

As inexpensive as carbs are from them, many people will just get a carb and not do a rebuild. I have gotten several from them, and been extremely happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back