Recommend Work over winter.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raksj04

Since I finally got the family 1996 GTX (787) from my brother and sister, I wanted to work on it over this winter. I normally do the most work on it but since I am in the Navy I could only work on it a little at a time. I just replaced the Carbon ring just so I could ride it this summer after replacing a Rave valve( that my brother removed and lost). I had no idea the Carbon ring was bad ( not there in, broke into many pieces) till after I drove up to my Family's Cabin 10hrs away and it was taking on water very quickly. I am trying to prevent that again, and since I live about 1,000 Ft from the Mississippi river I plan to get some use out of her.

I was wondering if there is any maintenance that anyone would recommend to do over the winter. I am very mechanically inclined, but I do not have as much experience that some of you fine folk may have. I am thinking about replacing the wear ring, or at least looking at it again. When I had the Jet Pump out to replace the Carbon ring I noticed that the impeller had a few nicks in it, I am not sure if I should smooth them out, leave it alone, or replace it with a better more performance designed one. I also was thinking about repainting the Riding plate, however I am not sure what paint to use or if it will be a bigger hassle then it is worth.

Full fuel system maintenance and refurbish.

Change pump oil.

I wouldn’t bother painting the ride plate.

You can get repair manual for free off the Internet. Keep reading about questions you have. Use the search function at the top right. Some questions have been beat to death. Days of reading on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back