Rave Valve pulse line not connected....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SS90

To make a long story short, I purchased a 98 XP 951. It didnt run, found compression on PTO cylinder to be low (90psi). So I bought it just plaaning on putting a Top end in it and away I go. So anyhow I ripped it apart and found the pulse line that goes to the Rave valve solenoid laying in the bottom of the hull. I know I did not remove this line pulling it apart. So my question is, saying this line was off for a while when the previous owner had it running. Would that cause a lean condition (vaccuum leak) and cause it to burn up the cylinder? Just trying to narrow down the cause of the problem. The fuel lines have all been replaced a few years ago, along with the carbe being rebuilt. So I would assume it was safe to say its not a fuel delivery issue. I really dont want to have to go through the carbs again if not needed.

Thanks in advance!

HI I think a picture would better explain your question.

Where in Michigan are you?

Im near Lapeer.

I dont think a picture would do anything lol. Im sure anyone with familiarity with the 951 engine would know that there are 2 nipples on the block, one goes to the pulse on the carbs and the other that goes to the solenoid for the RAVE valve operation. The one that goes to the RAVE valves was not connected, which IMO would cause a vacuum leak and a lean condition. But im not a 2 stroke guru, and havnt worked on that many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back