unattached line with check valve in front by tank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
i have a line in the front by the gas tank that's not attached to anything but has a check valve installed on it and it feeds into the right side of the PWC. 1993 XP and can't find anything on line that says it should be either attached or not attached. I'm assuming a vent line, but does it need to attach to anything. I do have a connection on my VTS that seems to be missing a line, but that could be just the way it is. I picked this unit up cheap and am rebuilding it so i have questions as i've never done a jet ski before.

Can you show us a picture, it would help?
i'll grab a pic when i get home. Unfortunately when you pick up someone's non running toys, you get a lot of questions on how things are put together. This is my first PWC, but not my first 2 stroke. I've rebuilt and repaired many snowmobiles, so i get the mechanics, just not how things are put together with these older units. There's not much to them, but i want to ensure i do it once and do it right.

I don't see the check valve in question?

Also the clear fuel hose typically doesn't last and theose colored zipties are not good quality for fuel lines in my opinion.

You want something really good like the Thomas and Betts with the stainless locking tab.

first picture shows the check valve starting to go under the hull and down the side of the unit. It looks to be tucked under the foam. last picture shows the loose line sitting on top of the tank, follow that line and it goes to the check valve starting to go under the foam on the right side

That would be the fuel tank vent then typically.
After the tee from the tank one goes up and lets air in to replace the used fuel, the other goes down to the hull and is a pressure relief.

late reply but that hose is for when they used to make the flooded batteries you added water to. on quads, sleds etc they had a hose that led to the ground, on the seadoos the hose went out the right side of the hull through a check valve.

Now that everyone runs sealed batteries so its a relic of the past, mine are just coiled up in the hull

Back