Question about weight, hours, and seating on 08 challanger 180 se

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed since i have had my boat it takes a lot more effort to get it going when i got a lot of people on it than it did when it was new. Now the chart says it can hold 8 people or so many pounds i forget what it is right now. My question is does the max weight it say count gas or is that the weight of everything i put into the boat including people and gas? Also if i have 5 people on board 3 in the back, driver and passenger all adults 175-220 pounds each is it normal to have to move one person to the front bow so i can reach top speed, is it to much weight in the back of the boat?
Also i recently took my boat in for some work and when i got it back they said they had updated my computer but when i took it out next noticed my hours reset down to 20, i think i had 45 on there. is that something that will set it self back?

As far as I know... the "Passenger" weight they list is for people and gear. That doesn't include fuel/oil/water. Normally, it's about 150~160 per-person.

Needless to say... the smaller the boat, the more critical the weight. So... realistically... to have good performance with your boat... you want 4 people or less. When you put in +6... then you should just assume that you will be out for a cruse. Even my big islandia... I can feel each person who comes on board. By myself... I can be on plane at 3500 RPM, and be going 28mph. (4000 RPM is about 34mph) With 5 or 6 people... it takes 5000 RPM to get on plane... and then I can back down to 4500 RPM and be doing 30 mph.

And yes.... it helps to have some weight in the front. A couple weeks ago, we were out, and I had 6 people all in the rear, (2 were kids) because they wanted to be under the top. (it was hot) And I had to give it almost full throttle for it to drop into a plane. It was sitting nose high.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many ppl can you seat on the islandia doc? Just from your profile pic of it ... I got think 10-12

Officially, it's 12 people @ 1880 Lbs. :thumbsup:

With 5~6 people... I can still tow a tube or board, and I can still scare people. Even though it's big... it's still a jet boat and slides in a hard turn. But it doesn't jump as well as my old Sportster. (lol)

It's 5 in the front, and 7 in the back sections. (and I still have the sink on the Port side, and potty/changing room on the SB side)

161.jpg

163.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back