pwc theft

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Star_Burst

I have seen that you can go to wall-mart and buy a jet ski universal key for all makes and models excluding these newer models. My concern is leaving my ski to eat and its gone due to being in a densely populated area. The only way I can think of to completely avoid this problem is to add one of those cut off keys that are red that go on the positive cord from your battery is their any other ideas out their ?

Put it on the trailer, and lock it down if you are worried.

You can put a battery disconect... but if someone is going to take it... they will just put it on a trailer quick, and leave.

One last thing... and don't take this the wrong way since I have an old ski too.... but you probably don't have to worry about it too much. If someone is going to take the chance to steal it... they are going to take something newer, that is worth more. (and the parts are worth more)

Im not worrryed about strangers as much as the people i know shady fools live in dayton u think their ur friends but not i had my car stollen all night from a so called friend one day called the cops and well hes in jail for warrents now Thank the lord I hate ohio

The battery switch under the seat is why use now, we had our ride away once exactly like you think - one girl went to the snack bar while another stayed out of the bay and saw the ski come out with an unknown rider - followed him to a dock and asked someone to call the police which someone did and the thiefs were caught.

use a chain lock to connect the water craft to trailer and use a chain and wrap it through the wheel and around the trailer so if someones going to take it their going to have to take the whole trailer and craft becuase if they try to pull the trailer the chain throught the wheel will make them come to a grinding hult. and it is also a great theft durturrant

Im not worrryed about strangers as much as the people i know shady fools live in dayton u think their ur friends but not i had my car stollen all night from a so called friend one day called the cops and well hes in jail for warrents now Thank the lord I hate ohio

Nice friends.

OK... I can't say all of my friends are out for the "Saint of the year" award... but I can trust them to no steal from me.

But the problem is... if it's an inside job... the battery key won't help.

well the positive cord is fairly long i can mount the key on the left side of fule and oil tanks no one would knotice that i wouldnet think.

Hum good idea insure it . mm only if I could snag a job in my career field here in no economy Dayton !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back