Purchased: Seadoo 1997 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1997 XP does not use the 80 gram springs.

Also your LS screws should be 1-3/4. Not 1-1/2.

That’s where I’m confused because the settings I recorded while dissembling the carbs was 0 High Speed and 1-1/2 Low Speed. However the SeadooSource says 1-3/4 Low Speed but the actual service manual says 1. Check out this screenshot I took directly from the service manual. I’m not sure which settings to go by. Also I just checked the technical data sheet on the service manual and it does say 80g spring so now I’m really confused as SeadooSource says 95g spring and the parts catalog agrees to 95g. The one that was in the carbs during dissembling is a silver (95g?) spring... I’m confused is my 43psi pop off good and what should I change my low speed to?88CCF843-E5DD-4867-95DF-BCFFC2544FA2.jpeg

Last edited:
The manuals are printed before the skis are released to the public so running changes are made.

Ignore the manual and use the 95 gram springs with the screws at 1-3/4.

The manuals are printed before the skis are released to the public so running changes are made.

Ignore the manual and use the 95 gram springs with the screws at 1-3/4.

Even if the previous settings were at 1-1/2? Also I am using the 95g spring that was in there originally. And I take it 43 psi pop off is good according to SeadooSource which claims 28-48 (what a wide range!)?

Last edited:
Yes, a little rich will not hurt anything. If it loads up really bad in no wake zones then go back to the 1-1/2 otherwise I would go with the 1-3/4.

Your Pop-off should be fine.

I got my carbs bolted back on and the throttle is smooth and both carbs seem to be in sync along with the choke. I’m a really new to all this adjustment stuff but I tried to adjust the oil pump attached is a picture of the pump can someone tell me if it looks adjusted please and thank you!52BCAE9D-61B7-4855-B6D7-D6EBCE780B9E.jpeg

Perfect! I didn’t really fully understand the throttle adjustment in the service manual but I tried to take the carbs off without messing up the adjustments too much... the pump was off slightly so I fixed that by aligning the notches up. I still have to do the fuel pressure test and prime fuel lines also bleed/prime oil lines then I should be good to go!

Question about cleaning RAVE valves. Will I need new o rings, gaskets, and bellows to clean RAVE valves?

New gaskets and o-rings yes, Only new bellows if they are leaking or torn.
I just buy the rebuild kits from OSD Seadoo that comes with all the gaskets, o-rings and new bellows. Don't buy the cheap aftermarket bellows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back