Problem With Seadoo Utopia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I am coming here for some help with a recent problem.

I have a 2003 Utopia 205 with a Merc 240hp EFI. #OE412646

2 weeks ago I was out and I started getting the 4 beeps every 2 minutes. Both the oil tanks were full and I was getting oil pressure out the cap of the motor mounted reservoir. So I emptied the fuel separator and installed a new oil sensor. Took the boat back out and it ran fine for about 20 minutes then I got the solid beep and the boat went into guardian mode. I am now going to try and replace the oil reservoir on the motor and change out the temp sensor. I did notice the left side of the exhaust had some burning to it. im not sure if it was that way when I bought it or if this just happened. Just wondering if im on the right track changing the reservoir and temp sensor. It flushes fine on the hose I get a good amount of water out of the impeller and out both exhausts. I was thinking the other thing to check is if there is any blockage in my lines but im unsure on which lines I need to check. TIA for the help.

A solid beep is over temp. AND... if you see some burning... then there's a good chance that it really was over heated. So... changing a temp sender may not be the actual solution. I would take it back out, and have an IR temp gun handy... and just check heat directly.

The 4 beeps every 2 min... is either low oil, or water in fuel. And it's common to get a bad float switch in the oil tank. So... I think you solved that issue.

just checked all the water lines nothing was plugged. also checked the ohms on the old and new temp sensor there reading the same so I guess I'll return the new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over temp is from something being plugged up.

Generally... nothing with a water jacket should be hot enough to burn you. SO... under 140 Deg F normally. You are safe up to 200 deg F. BUT... if you are seeing temps that high... there's probably a partial blockage somewhere. Also, keep in mind... the couplers on the exhaust are rubber... and they don't like to get too hot.

The Sparkplugs will be very hot... so don't scan them for temp.

well just got back in, I put the new oil tank reservoir in before heading out and also did a good forward and backward flush. boat ran great with no alarms. ran it for about 15 minutes and all diffrent speeds and checked the temp with ir gun 3 diffrent times. all three were beetween 125 and 135. the only concern I had today was the water coming from the back hole was pretty hot, immediately and throughout the ride. we are gonna go out tomorow for the day so hopefully it's ok.

The pee hole water will be hot... but not scalding. I don't think I would worry at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back