Seadoo mercury 240 efi m2 non stop beeping sound

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ed8widge

Help , engine starts right up but I have a non stop beep beep beep beep as soon I turn the key on ( with engine running or without engine running ) only it takes a minute when engine is cold to start hearing the beep beep beep. I disconnected temp sensor , oil sensor no result. Engine rev good over the trailer and in water I may feel hesitation but power comes right back when accelerate . Any idea ???

Hi thanks for replying, As per this chart it seem I have a "Throttle sensor failure " but what is a Guardian system? and for some reasons the engine is not losing power would that matter at all?

The 'Throttle Guardian' is an add-on (not everyone has it) electrical box that cuts/interrupts ignition if rev'ed too high in neutral... (not 100% sure about this... I don't have one). All recommendations I've read say remove it. Pics I've seen show it behind the helm next to the helm fuse box.

Attachments

• infamous_throttle_guardian.jpeg
    infamous_throttle_guardian.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 9
Yeahhh I have it. I will disconnect it to see what happens.
so far the engine runs fine, I did 4 to 5000 rpm in water or did also 35 mph except that beeping noise never stop and its annoying me. Sure the engine is telling me there is a problem need to figure out what is it.

Back