2004 utopia 205 with 250hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jboat2004

Hey need some help. I’m getting a 2004 utopia with the 250hp. The issue it’s having is once hit about 2500-3000 rpm it’s like it hitting the rev limiter. Any suggestions would be great. I was thinking may something in the impeller. If it’s wear ring how much would that cost to repair.

Unlikely you have anything stuck in the impeller. Easy enough to check- crawl under with a flashlight and look up into the tunnel.
Looking for stones, sticks or plastic bags. However- objects stuck in impeller tend 2 ways. One jams it solid. As if the engine is seized. The other way tends to allow the engine to over-rev because of the turbulance. Of course, a stone could cause significant vibration.

Ok- back to 3000rpm. Check for spark on all 6 plugs. Beware- you can have spark, but a fouled plug that will not "light the fire" so to speak.

Also possible some of the injectors are on holiday. Worst of all would be low compression on one or more cylinders. Compression should be checked with all spark plugs out, and WOT (wide open throttle) with a fully charged battery. I do not know the spec for your engine. You have the service book, right???

If everything is not working together, you will be low on power.

Are you getting water out of the pee hole? If not, the ECM may limit RPM to avoid overheat damage.

Back