Primer bulb

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wheats

Any thoughts on putting primer bulb on fuel line? When boat sits for couple hrs it cranks a while before turning over...then once started fine there after..prob fuel siphoning back to tank but wanted to stop it.. thanks

You can if you want. BUT... you have an electric lift pump, that should get you going quick. (it's an electric version of a primer bulb) Also... the EFI engine has a "Vapor Separator" tank on the back of the engine... and it has a few Oz of fuel in it. SO... that would be enough to get you started again... even if the lines were dry.

If you are having hard re-starts... there could be other issues. It could be something simple like bad spark plugs. (When did you change them last?)

Where is the electric lift pump? Cranking time... after sitting, 4 seconds..there after .5 sec...possible weakening of this lift pump? Plugs are fairly new..But are same ones since complete rebuild, which includes two tanks of double oil. thanks

Don't replace it. (yet) Check it. There is a fuse, and a relay directly beside it, and one of those could be bad.

Just take the fuel line off the top, and have someone crank the engine. It should pump. It's low volume, and low pressure. It's just enough to get the pulse pump wet, and bring up fuel for the fuel injection system.

I just re-read your second post. If it only takes 4 seconds to start... it sounds like there may not be anything wrong. (or did I read that wrong?)

No, you read right....4 sec after sitting for say a week or sitting in water rocking for a couple hrs...After that .5 from there on. Even when i turn key slightly to let pump do its thing (hear clicking so i know it working) still takes 4/5 sec to start.

Clicking doesn't mean the pump works. you have to check the output.

4 seconds after letting the engine cool is normal... and it's not excessive.

Honestly... I don't think you have an issue. If it was 10~15 sec... then yes... that's a prob, and a lift pump that isn't working. BUT... Putting the bilge fan on for a couple minutes first may help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back