Premix without removing injector pump? 98 GSXL 97.5

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mett248

I’m having the typical leaking oil injector tank issue and am frankly fed up with the poor design of the system and the amount of expensive API-TC oil it’s now wasted into the hull. I know the injector system is good on the 951 especially after redoing the hoses for it but enough is enough I’d rather go premix than spend more money on a new tank which is bound to leak again. Can I remove the tank without removing the internal pump as well? There is zero space to get in for a block off plate without removing the pipe, gas tank, or engine to do so.

After seeing another post about another part, I wonder if a new tank could be made without the seam using a 3D printer.

After seeing another post about another part, I wonder if a new tank could be made without the seam using a 3D printer.

It’s definitely possible, but in this instance I’d rather just remove it. It’s leaving that pump and not doing a block off plate I’m worried about. I’m fine with going premix since we already keep separate tanks for mix. The bleeder screw opened up on me once too and I lost most of the tank on a long ride. Thankfully I got back in time but I keep a quart in the ski now just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back