possible exhaust seal solution

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rusty nail

I am posting this as a possible solution for the exhaust seal which cost quite a bit to replace. i have taken a toilet seal product and modified it a bit to make it work. Here is a link to the product.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/toilet...h7X9yBVfmY8_zG1LHoxoCH1gQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
i took a piece of lumber and cut a 3" hole in it, heated up the rubber with a simple heat gun to soften it and compressed the rubber between the wood that had the hole in it and another piece of flat lumber. This eliminates the extra offset that is in the rubber and creates a nice flat spot to mount to the hull. once clamped, leave it for a few hours to take on the new shape the inside diameter of the rubber seal is a perfect fit for the existing exhaust pipe and a couple gear clamps will work well. First is a photo of the product before and second a photo of what it looks like after. I make no guarantees about doing this yourself, i just did this because i did not want to spend $400 for two new seals on my boat. $20 is a lot better.

Attachments

• GR2+ODNNR6ea2saaqdWiaQ.jpg
    GR2+ODNNR6ea2saaqdWiaQ.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 13
  • rVVcHEhFQ1iV2pqYlaDvYw.jpg
    rVVcHEhFQ1iV2pqYlaDvYw.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back