seadoo 95 speedster carrier seal help lolz

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Cable_Guy

okay I got my new carrier seal in the mail got everything back together and then used my grease gun to pump some new grease into it instead of the grease coming out the front like it should after a few pumps the inner part of the carrier seal started pushing out. Did they ship me a lemon gosh annoying if defective lol waited over a week for this part to arrive. I took it back off the boat and using a rubber mallet was able to get it to recess the inner part of the carrier seal back to where it should be just seems odd that it moved should I just toss this one and order another one again sigh lol.
If need pic ill put it back together again and then repump it see if it moves out again

the inner ring is what pushed out about 1/4 of a inch from what I've seen seems like it should stay flush not push out when greased

Attachments

• 20230521_103227.jpg
    20230521_103227.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 6
Yes, they only need about a 1 pump of grease per season.
There is nothing wrong with your carrier but if you keep pumping in grease the hydraulic forces are very high and will push the seal out.
This happens a lot with the 1997+ XP's and HX skis because people just keep pumping grease into the mid-shaft carrier.

Back