Possible Engine Corrosion

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

enut

Just before I stowed my boat for the winter I took some engine pics. I know they are a bit fuzzy but I did the best I could. I was wondering if the irregular surface is nothing to worry about or do they indicate interior engine corrosion that could mean trouble. As far as I know the engines have never been taken apart(98 1800). The engines seem to run fine all season as far as I can tell.

pic 094.jpgpic 093.jpgpic 091.jpg

That's normal... especially for a salt water ski. Once you get a little corrosion on the aluminum... it will crawl under the paint. Generally... it's not a big deal.

also: water seeping past the gaskets will do that as well...

but like the Doc said, salt water / salt air wreaks havoc on aluminumn and the steel driveshafts...

take a closer look at that exhaust joint! was it leaking? was it repaired? is it untouched...

most do not watch their engines while underway... heck when I purchased my boat, I didn`t know they leaked until I rode with the hatch open and had a buddy watch, then it was a different story for me, those head pipe to exhaust manifold gaskets were leaking like a geyser at yellowstone national park as soon as I got up on plane... wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back