Porpoising SeeDoo Challenger 1800... Trim Tabs Advice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeptemberC

Question for you experienced Jet Boaters:
I have a 2000 SeaDoo Challenger 1800, Single Engine, 210 HP, 2 Cycle Mercury. Top speed is 50 - 54 MPH on smooth water. Porpoises really bad in choppy water (fresh water only, no ocean cruises). I've decided to put trim tabs on to help with the porpoising. I've read about Bennett's hydraulic units and they sound really great. Anyone have experience with these units, particularly the M80 Sport Tabs or the BT810 Tournament Tabs? Or, what would someone suggest for this problem?

Would anyone care to share what trim tabs they have installed? I would like to purchase the tabs over the winter. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

I was thinking about putting tabs on the islandia. I don't have a bouncing issue, because of it's length and weight... but when it's hot, everyone wants to sit in the back, under the shade. AND... when that happens... I have to give it 75% power to get on step. (sits nose high at low speeds) I figure tabs can force the nose down, for quick planes.

ANyway... the issue here is 2 fold.

1) There havn't been a lot of threads here on tabs.

and

2) With winter coming... the board slows down.

Because of that... it's going to be hard to get a real answer. but, here's a couple old threads.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?65384-Trim-Tab-install-on-Speedster-200-w-Pics

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?61544-Trim-tabs-Challenger-180

Would anyone care to share what trim tabs they have installed? I would like to purchase the tabs over the winter. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same boat. I installed Lenco trim tabs a couple of seasons ago. They were a relatively simple installation. I am very pleased with them. I looked at the Bennet tabs as well but decided on the Lenco's because they would be easier to install and no oil to worry about. I also saw a segment on "Ship Shape TV". They were at the factory that makes them. Seeing that convinced me on their product.

I just bought Nauticus SX9510-80 Smart Tab SX Series Trim Tabs and put them on this weekend. I felt like they worked wonders for my boat.

IMG_20131116_143732.jpg
IMG_20131116_144003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back