Sea-Doo Challenger porpoising

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RANDY V.B.

Hello everyone, I've been doing a lot of searching and really haven't got a definitive answer. I just bought a 05 seadoo challenger 180 and from my searching I see that porpoising is a big problem and that is the problem I'm having. I guess the answer I'm looking for is has anyone put power trim tabs on there boat? And if you have which model did you get. With me and the family in the boat it bounces brutal. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it

Thank you
Randy

I couldn't find any definite answer on trim tabs so I modified my nozzle to point down some, I haven't got to try it yet but hopefully tonight I will see if it helps.

Power changes while riding do help cutting back the porpoise. Usually it's a power down follow by smooth power up to break the cycle.

I tried it last night and it seems a bit better, it was kind of hard to tell because I only had a couple people with me, as soon as a bunch of people go I will try and post back the results.

I had a seadoo hx and it had a manual trip adjustment for the jet pump. I wound it one could be installed??

That's what I've been trying to research, but I'm unsure of what size the pump is and which trim would fit. I think that would be perfect.

Hello everyone, I tried the boat yesterday with six people in and the porpoising was a little better but still there and very annoying. I wish I knew which trim tabs to put on for sure because I would definitely invest. I just don't want to order some just to find out they won't fit

Have you checked your pimp nozzle to see how it is adjusted. Some nozzles have a trim adjustment that is accomplished by removing the bottom nozzle boat and flipping a "figure 8" fitting.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I checked the bottom bolt on the nozzle it is pointing down as far as possible, I modified the top bolt hole by welding a new ear and moving the mounting point as far as possible until the jet nozzle starting to bind. its a huge help but still not the fix

I wonder if any of the seadoo auto and drop nozzle set-ups would work on the boats. Had a drop nozzle set-up on my old '98 GP800 and it worked awesome at planting the noe when she started to porpoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back