Variable Trim Nozzles

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

10forty2

Hydraulic or manual...... Do they exist for the Speedster 200? After getting her to run smoothly by rebuilding the superchargers, and solving (I hope) the electrical charging system bugs....the main dealbreaker with this boat is the porpoising. I'm willing to give up a couple mph on top end for a more stable ride when cruising. This past week at the lake, I did quite a bit of riding and any slight wake makes it almost jump out of the water. I've looked at my configuration and the nozzle positions are fixed with what appears to be a manual adjustment on the bottom of the nozzles that seems to be in the most downward position already.....which is basically straight out. I think if I could get even a 1 or 2 degree trim down it would help. I got my wife to sit in the front seat and it did help, so I'm considering adding some ballast weight in the front storage compartment, but that shouldn't have to be the solution. I don't really want to add Lenco trims tabs, so if there's not a bolt-on solution to trim it, then I'm thinking she's going on the market at the end of the season.

Our 210 doesn't porpoise. Maybe look into a different model if you truly want to stay with a jetboat. I had a trimmable nozzle on my old GP800, but I have yet to see one for a boat. Trim tabs have been the only means of correcting the porpoising issue on the smaller boats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back