Poppy boat covers really worth the money?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate490

I saw in a previous post that people were recommending the Poppy covers as the one to go with. I was going to order one for my Challenger 180 but it's $509 + $24 for shipping. That seems like a LOT for a boat cover. Are there any particular reasons it comes so recommended? Thanks guys!

They are very good covers, that is why they come highly recommended.

I suggest checking out a local place that makes custom covers. Canvas shop or upholstery shop.

I found a new old stock original Sea Doo cover this winter that is nearly identical if not the same as the Poppy cover. This cover offers excellent protection! I think its slightly more difficult to install over the traditional snap in cockpit cover but offers far more protection.

You'll be very happy with the Poppy cover. I went through trying to fix up the original cover, then a stupid tie down cover then the wonderful Poppy cover. Great support pole system and the tightening ratchet cinch is built to aircraft quality, oh and the venting system works great to hold it in place while trailering. Worth every penny.

Glad to hear all the positive replies. It was very tough to pull that $500 trigger for any boat cover especially when it only comes with a 2 year warranty and I see other covers for MUCH less with a 5yr warranty or more. But I figured Sea-Doo forums would know best!! This forum has been a huge resource for me as I am new to owning a Sea-Doo boat (I pick it up this afternoon and I'm SUPER excited). I will definitely be a continued user and contributor. Thanks fellow Seadoo owners, much obliged!! :)

My 3 year old Poppy cover is getting repaired by a local guy at the moment. The first one they sent was wonky, crooked, terrible sewing, etc. but was replaced no questions asked. The replacement came directly from commercial sewing with their brand logo on it.

Not enough reinforcement at the windshield edge and it shredded all the way across last summer.

Rashed the living crap out of the gelcoat on the boat at the cinch strap line too. YMMV as we are very dry and dusty here.

I won't be using it for trailering ever again.

I bought my Poppy cover in 2014 and it is falling apart. The canvas over the wind shield is rotting out and I have repaired it three times. The sun is brutal here in Florida and I guess that is the reason for it lasting three or so years.

I bought my 1st Poppy cover in 2011. It fell apart in 3 years of direct Arizona sun.

I bought my 2nd Poppy cover in 2014. I now park my boat in less than full sun and the cover seems to be holding up well.

I see similar results with patio furniture covers. I do not baby the covers. Maybe if I washed them once in a while or treated them with protectant or something they might last longer.

Lol guess you don't know how to care for them.

I guess there's more than a few people that don't know how to care for them.

The claim that they're great for trailing is BS. They rash the gelcoat and only last 3 years before falling apart.

I had replacements for the factory snap on covers made. We'll see how long they last since I don't take care of my stuff.

I saw in a previous post that people were recommending the Poppy covers as the one to go with. I was going to order one for my Challenger 180 but it's $509 + $24 for shipping. That seems like a LOT for a boat cover. Are there any particular reasons it comes so recommended? Thanks guys!

I received my Poppy cover for a 2012 210 Wake Boat last week and it fits great. Much better than the OEM SeaDoo Cover. They also included a much improved Pole support system than stock to drain water off the cover.

Had mine for a few weeks now. Been through some pretty bad rain storms and the interior of the boat has remained bone dry. Very impressed with the quality. Well worth the money.

As for the factory bow and cockpit cover........complete garbage. We actually dug them out Fri night as we were going out early Saturday morning and didn't want to roll up a damp cover. The entire interior was covered in dew. Horrible for trying to keep moisture out of your boat for mold and mildew prevention.

Poppy all the way.

Does the poppy cover install/remove as quickly as the snap-in OEM bow and cockpit covers? Where is the best place to order a poppy cover?

I can install the poppy cover in just a few minutes.

Set the poles
throw the cover on
install over the 6 cleats
tighten rear ratchet straps
done

poppy company

I ordered one last month and have been very satisfied. As other users have said, it goes on quickly and seems to trailer very well. I had nursed along the original cover (from 2008!) and it was/is a mess. I like the fact that the Poppy covers the Bimini top-it has far fewer places for rain/moisture to enter. They also have reinforced the cleat surrounds with rubber backing....should hold up much better.

Good to know on the install! I like that the OEM snaps in relatively quickly but it sounds like the poppy is even quicker. My OEM cover has been patched multiple times and is now tearing again so it might be time to pull the trigger on a poppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back