Please need help with my seadoo rxp 214 oil light then goes into limp mode whats my i

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are still getting low oil pressure... What oil did you put into the RXP?? Full synthetic oil with JASO rating of MA2 is good stuff and less slippage than the SeaDoo brand, but has higher viscosity.. Too thin. Pushes through the engine easily and has a higher shear strength. But, does not allow the pressure to build up like the thicker SeaDoo blend. More info at amsoil.com. It is better to stay with SeaDoo oil. Do the gauge test suggested above. Someone should do a study using full synthetic and what pressure difference there is.(maybe a pressure reset on sensors??)

Last edited by a moderator:
You should not use full synthetic oil in a sc 4tec motor. SeaDoo now says you can use semi-synthetic but I don't.

True, I wouldn't use a full synthetic in any 4-stroke marine engine unless the manufacturer specified it, there's no need. I see many more engines destroyed by the wrong kind of love and lack of love than worn out ones, wear isn't a problem thus the anti-wear advantage of syn just isn't there unless maybe you plan to leave the stuff in there for years and never change it, then it might make sense but that's strange love. I recommend an oil change at the end of each season not b/c the oil wears out but, so sulfuric blow-by contamination mixed in the oil doesn't sit in the carefully prepped bearing surfaces and corrode them in the off season.

So just stick as close to the manufacturer's recommendation or nearest equivalent, can't go wrong. A high viscosity is too thick for the oil pump to move and can cause low oil pressure just as something too low in viscosity (too thin) leaks out of bearing journals so fast the oil pump volume is insufficient to keep the entire oil galley pressurized.

The factory knows what they're doing, they designed the engine, best to follow their recommendation unless maybe you're a tuner and have made modifications to the oiling system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back