PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT! Friends X-4s, Blaster, and Trailer STOLEN in MN!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnetonka4me

Premium Member
Premium Member
Effin Thieves!!!

My good friends skis and trailer were stolen from his driveway last night. PLEASE keep a close eye for anything on Craigslist and Ebay and any other places scum like this post things.

The red X-4 was all modded up; Spec 2, MSD enhancer, butch head, R&D adjustable nozzles, baker trim, UMI, Beachhouse, Jet dynamics intake grate, Jet trim seat.

98 SPX had the 99 hood and bar cover, sponsons, prop, and Jet trim seat.

The Blaster had a Riva head, Riva pipe, Aluminum waterbox, riva ride plate, JD intake grate, Black tip seat.

PLEASE....if you see anything....just get in touch with me!!! Thanks!!!!!!!

10494610_10152505883627560_321080179462649556_n.jpg

10405577_10152505883522560_6684385591961709591_n.jpg

10532363_10152505884052560_9162779998096776412_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes. Fortunately those are rare machines so will be easy to spot. I'm on Craigslist everyday so will keep an eye out.

Hopefully insurance pays out full value and not book.

That is a perfect set up and will be tough to replace. I feel terrible for your buddy. I'm far away but will keep my eye out on CL and eBay

Sorry to hear about this. I will keep an eye out as well. Never know where they will show up.

Watch for the part out pieces, will be hard to sell as a whole. That sucks. I HATE thieves! Anyone know of a small GPS tracker that can be hidden inside somewhere?

Sorry to hear, I will definitely keep an eye out for them down here in the Carolinas. Nothing worse than a thief...

Well some good news...and what us X-4 junkies would call "par for the course" the trailer and Blaster were abandoned behind a tech college on the complete other side of town. Both seadoos are still missing.

Picky thieves? Well it looks like they know what they are looking for. The parts or skis will pop up on the market soon I would think

Most likely dumped the blaster and put the x4's on a double trailer the shi*heads own that has a legit tag for transport.

Sucks. I will help keep an eye out here in the SE CL and I am on ebay some as well. Sure hope they get caught.

Got any interior pics? Would be good to have everyone searching ebay know any little flaws to help identify the parts.

Also what the hell can we do to prevent this stuff from happening?
I mean. What kind of locks or theft deterents can we use?
All I do is use padlocks on the hitch coupler. Or chain two trailers together.
But im thinking of removing all of the lugnuts too!
This stuff has got me paranoid!

Its bad enough now that ive actually programed all of my mpems with my info.

Got any interior pics? Would be good to have everyone searching ebay know any little flaws to help identify the parts.

you can buy your own parking boot and boot your own trailer. there used to be a classic porsche 911 on my walk to class that would do that to his car every morning.

10462618_10104826934760980_8763383557934847179_n.jpg

Thanks to Westside Powersports, Twin Cities Jet pilots, Badgerland jet pilots....the reward has been increased to $1500!!!

Info on Vins, Regs, and parts are all included.

The worst thing about this is my buddy just poured the slab they sit on, he could have put a anchor in the concrete to lock to.

The locks that go up into the ball area of the hitch are prob a good choice in this situation. Want the best??

289.jpg

I've got mine inside a garage with 12 cameras recording 24/7. Call me paranoid...

All thieves should be shot at. which is why I also... Never mind. ;)

my system is pretty simple.. I keep mine fully insured and behind my garage door on stands. Not 100% effective, but certainly it would take more than a minute to steal.

I have considered the GPS tracker idea several times, but always cheap out before making a purchase.

To answer the mod/insurance question above, my understanding is that its generally book with a stated value max, I don't believe mod's can be added, at least with Progressive, although honestly I never checked into that, my mods were generally all well under 1K, although my Yami might have had about $2800 ish in mods (at time of purchase, but probably worth $12-1500 in today's market)

I live in a very low crime area, actually last night / and all day yesterday I left my windows down with my key's in the car, completely forgot about it.

Unfortunately the cops didnt even look into it for a month. They then wanted to fingerprint. Ok yeah they have been using the trailer for a month, friends used the trailer...thanks cops!

Nothing. Not one lead, not one part on ebay.

Hes not in a real high crime area, but he had a foreclosed house next door at the time of the theft that had lots of contractors going in and out. The cops of course didnt care about this lead...too much footwork to call the bank and get a list of contractors.

It really sucks b/c he is a good friend and a riding buddy...and he really had no interest in buying more.

Oh and on the insurance, It would have made zero logical sense to insure them. They called to inquire and he would have paid for another one in a couple years of premiums and deductibles.

He was working on his side drive at the time so when the concrete guys came he put a heavy anchor point into the concrete to chain to.

Problem now is that if the thieves want it there is a very easy solution to locks and chains...
makita.jpg

If they want it they are going to get it.
We just have to help keep the honest people honest I guess and slow them down some what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back