Picked up a 97 speedster, Please Help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesskidoo

Picked up a 97 speedster thats been sitting for a few years. Was wondering if someone could tell me where all the grease zerts are and what i need to check over on this boat before it hits the water. I am fine with engine work and all ready cleaned carbs and pumped out all the old fuel and oil. I have never owned a jet pump before so any help would be appreciated. Thanks all!!

Welcome to the seadoo forum Jesskidoo. Well you have a small project on you hands if you want to go from end to end and get that seadoo up to par for the water. It sounds like your on the right track already. Fresh fuel, cleaned carbs, new spark plugs and a new battery. Did you make sure you have no air bubbles in you oil injector lines, after replacing your injector oil? Do you get 2 beeps when you attach your lanyard on the DESS, (Digital Electronic Security System)? On the back of the engine is a black boot that covers the impeller going to the impeller. There is a grease fitting there. Pump synthetic grease in it till you feel friction. That model has RAVE, (Rotax Adjustable Variable Exhaust) valve system. These should be cleaned annually. I would get it fired up first and see how it runs first, and go from there. If you want to jump in you might want to join as a "Premium Member". Here is some info on being a premium member;
As premium member you can down load a authentic seadoo manual from the seadoo manual library. In the library is a variety of manuals for almost all years and models. You can view as many as you like on line as a PDF file, or download it and print it for your personal and privet use. There are operator manuals and repair manuals for you to do your own repairs on your seadoo. The repair manuals have everything from troubleshooting, repair procedures to winterizing. It contains wire diagrams torque specs and pictures for disassemble and assemble instructions. In the spec sheets it tells everything needed to maintain oil changes, spark plug gaps and impeller wear ring tolerances. Click on the "Seadoo Manuals" link at the top of the page for more details. If you need any help or get in a jam, we are always here to answer your questions too.

Karl

I am pretty familier with these engines as have multiple Doo sleds. just wanna make sure jet pump is up to par and not gonna burn up on me. Thanks much. jesski

uh...jesski...these aren't sleds...that's snow...these are boats...means water.(thawed ice)...I'll keep my day job I won't make it as a comedian. :)

Karl

yes i know. jet pumps vs a track. but the 2 cycle motors, rave valves and coils, mpem, oil inj yada yada is all the same. I just dunno S#$T about jet pumps.

The jet pump system is very maintenance free in comparison. After owning a jet pump system, I'll never own a stern drive boat again!~ what a waste of money they were!

Karl

I know you do not have a single but some of this info may be helpfull. I am sure with your knowledge you know to check oil in jet pump. A manual would be very helpfull allso I am sure you know that as well. I am only saying this for others who may be searching info. or if you are like me you forget some times. http://www.groupk.com/sdjetboats-1.html good luck Robin :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back