Pick Up Coil Set Up

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CASPX

Almost finished with my rebuild!

Had to buy a new magneto housing & stator since my old one was SMOKED. I'm mounting the new pick up coil and need some advice as it looks off to me compared to the old one.

1) I know there are 2 versions of the P/U coil, one is the plastic mounted one like I have below and one metal mounted. Which one is the one that does not break plastic or metal mounted?

2) If I run this plastic one do I need to counter sink the holes on the outer mag cover to accept the protruding brass rings on the bottom of the plastic pick up coil? right now the brass rings are too large for the holes on the outer mag cover and they st on top of the holes.

3) If I do not counter sink them and just bolt them up as shown below the P/U coil location looks too high and not in the proper location to me, does it need to be lower?

*Note: My old set up was the metal one and it was a lot lower this is why I'm wonder how to set this up.

231.jpg

232.jpg

233.jpg

Just did a little leg work did you order 420966760? If so that is for a 951 DI ski, not a 97 SPX with a carbed 787.

It's from GTX, I believe it's a 787.

I bought the whole set up with the stator and the external plug.

Will this p/u coil work or do I need to get another one?

My old p/u coil is pretty bad, probably need to get a new one if this one won't work.

Also what is the one to get that does not bust, 420966832?

Unless yours it totally beat, just clean it up and use you're original one. 97 and up skis had the updated bracket.

Good call racerxxx,
Took a look at it this am and the plastic one is wired different. The ground on the pick up coil terminates in the coil itself.

After looking at the original set up, I ended up pulling the old and new Deutsch connectors apart and had to pull the black ground wire that terminates on the wire loom clamp and the original pick up coil and swap them both to the new set up.

After cleaning it up and clear coating the mount plate I think it's good to go.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back