Parts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

addl22

I'm in San Antonio tx would you think it would be hard to find parts for a 1999 GTI and a 2000 GTX ? People say some shops don't even work on these older models? Nervous about even purchasing them anyone have a recommendations on how much they would pay for these pair? I wanna make sure I'm getting a good deal

parts are easy to find and in large numbers for virtually every model, the two you mention are no exceptions.

hard to put a price on a pair of ski's without knowing condition, hours, trailer, etc.. but for the sake of discussion i'd say around $3,000 for the pair up to $3750 depending on the above.

I'm in San Antonio tx would you think it would be hard to find parts for a 1999 GTI and a 2000 GTX ? People say some shops don't even work on these older models? Nervous about even purchasing them anyone have a recommendations on how much they would pay for these pair? I wanna make sure I'm getting a good deal

1999 GTI

2000 GTX

I think the first thing to do is make sure they run. How many hours. Have the fuel lines been replaced/do they need it, carb rebuild, etc... You can expect a major shop repair to cost more than the thing is worth, so if you aren't willing to do the repairs yourself, or learn how to do them. So far, I've been researching my two Seadoos for over a month I haven't found any posts on any forum (here, and several others) where parts just AREN'T available. I needed a handlebar pad and had to pay $25.00 for a used one, and the seats were rotten so I paid a local car upholstery business to refoam and re-cover them. Think I paid $250 to have two seats reupholstered.

I'm in the middle of my projects. It was WAY more work and time than I thought it was going to be. I like doing stuff like this, so it's okay. I bit frustrating and it's more expensive than I thought it would be, but when I price my situation out, I could make $2,000 or more for the work that I'm doing if I sold both my Seadoos. Dave Ramsey says you never make your money when you Sell, it's always when you Buy, meaning buy as cheap as you can. No one ever lost money by low-balling. Some Sellers are DESPERATE and will take anything. From what I've read, the end of the summer is when everyone wants to dump their boats, so supply high, price low. It's a buyer's market.

There are many part places on the Internet. https://osdparts.com/ Is one in My State. If you can wrench them you can find the parts. Home Depot has metric bolts and nuts if you need them. Not stainless but good in a pinch.

Back