part5 new seadoo gti carbon seal leaking i pulled it out today WHAT YOU THINK?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

motoring

AS TITLE STATED HERES THE PICTURES. WHY DID IT LEAK NOTHING WRONG. THE CARBON SEAL IS WEARING IN THE CENTER NOT ALL OVER THE PLACE THE STAINLESS PART ISNT ALL OVER THE PLACE .
I DONT SEE ANY SHIMS UNDER MOUNTS .
WELL THE STAINLESS PART IS NOW PITED WHY ?WHEN IN SKI YOU CAN SEE RUST COMING OUT THE SIDES
THERS NO BLUEING NO WARPAGE TO STAINLESS
I WILL DO ENGINE ALIGNMENT.
ONLY THING THAT MAKES SENSE TO ME IS THAT THE CARBON SEAL DONT HAVE ENOUGH PRESSURE AND A WEAK SEAL CAUSE JUST A MIST OF WATER INTO HULL NOT MAJOR WATER LEAK . BUT STILL A LEAK. IF NOT ENOUGH PRESSURE THEN THE STAINLESS WILL RUST . THAT ALL I CAN SEE .CARBON HAS ONE VERY SMALL SCRATCH INSIDE ON THE ANGLE NOT EVEN THE FLAT PART THAT MATES UP TO THE STAINLESS STEEL.

ANY IDEAS ?

Attachments

• PC040076.JPG
    PC040076.JPG
    849.1 KB · Views: 23
  • PC040078.JPG
    PC040078.JPG
    860 KB · Views: 22
  • PC040087.JPG
    PC040087.JPG
    809.2 KB · Views: 21
  • PC040091.JPG
    PC040091.JPG
    798.1 KB · Views: 21
  • PC040084.JPG
    PC040084.JPG
    831.5 KB · Views: 23
During alignment check there is also a shaft for and aft measurement to take into account
This preloads the seal against stainless hat section

Sounds like your talking about an engine mount
L/H and R/H same part number front is different
That will give a water leak

During alignment check there is also a shaft for and aft measurement to take into account
This preloads the seal against stainless hat section
yes i was wondering about the forward but that is perfect and the left to right is near perfect . tool arrived today . i believe im lucky i dont have to play with shims i figure it would be a real pain in the neck.if the new seal has same measurments then i will add a little spacer maybee two little spacers if it turns out to be to much tension i can simply cut one or two. i cat wear out any faster then 30 minutes. the surface of the stainless did suffer some pitting , rust so i hope it was simply a bad seal or just a little weak on the tension i shall see. i never seen stainless pit in such a way

Attachments

• PC040080.JPG
    PC040080.JPG
    810.3 KB · Views: 11
i found my answer today new parts arrived in mail and as i thought the bellow pressue wasnt strong enough
the new bellow cane is about 3/8 inch taller creating more pressure on the carbon seal .the old carbon seal only had about 1/32 inch wear and no warping on stainless side. so basically the rubber boot just shrunk a bit from age at most the bellow is two years old . the part number stamped on the boot is exactly the same new and old. so it seems the bellows needs to be changed every year or ill make up a spacer that can snap in without having to pull pump every year.

Attachments

• PC060092.JPG
    PC060092.JPG
    853.5 KB · Views: 13
  • PC060108.JPG
    PC060108.JPG
    853.3 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back