97 GTS 717 Stripped Driveshaft @ PTO, what parts do I need?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEABOOBS

I recently (Believe) that the driveshaft connection at the PTO has stripped. I was riding perfectly fine then all of a sudden I hear a winding noise like a bad bearing and the ski no longer has any thrust. If you give it gas it seems like the impeller wants to turn but its has no power , ski pretty much stays in one place like the impeller is not connecting the way it should or driveshaft slipping and whining. It's definitely not cavitating or taking on water at the 1 year old carbon seal. I believe the connection feels a little loose at the PTO /Driveshaft connection. I am in the process of ordering a new driveshaft, PTO and I figured might as well change the carbon seal / rubber boot assembly since it has to be taken off. My motor mounts seem perfectly fine.
My question is are there any other parts that I should consider checking or replacing especially around the impeller? From what I see in the exploded diagrams of the drive system for my 97 GSX it look like its just one simple shaft from PTO to Impeller. My ski has a new engine with only 35 hours on it and a brand new carburetor. It turns on and the engine runs fantastic but my drivetrain is all original and the ski has no thrust like a worn out clutch on a car. I don't want to get this repair completed and "Surprise! Some other old part in the drivetrain goes out" . Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back