carbon seal change NEW SKI out the showroom 2018 gti se 130

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

motoring

is there a better carbon seal set then what was installed at factory? (my ski is a 2018 gti se 130 6 months out the dealership ldoor) mine dont have much tension which is causing a small leak , basically a salt maker . the more i look into this the more i see people have leaking seal with their ski out the dealers door . and depending on dealer good or bad the dealership will help. but in my case its on me . so ill change it.
the 1996 gti i own i installed a new carbon seal set i picked the one that has a thicker stainless steel side( coupler ).and i dont have a problem . ive seen a u tube that someone installed a 300hp sea doo ski carbon seal into a smaller hp seadoo pwc because the seal was larger longer bigger thicker. anyone out there with a similar situation , looking for advice as to what fixed the leak so i dont have to change a seal every 10 hours ???????? part number etc

Never seen a "better' carbon seal than the factory one as the reason for them failing premature is either running the ski our of the water for extended periods of time which will wear them out faster or the engine is out of alignment.

Never seen a "better' carbon seal than the factory one as the reason for them failing premature is either running the ski our of the water for extended periods of time which will wear them out faster or the engine is out of alignment.
i dont run ski for more then 30 - 45 secounds unless seal is sitting in a hull full of fresh water to keep seal cool. pulled seal out today its mint . i dont have ailgnment tool may have to buy it. if new seal measure the same as removed one.then .ailment due and then if all is good . ill have to close the gap some. the seal from the 300 sea doo is longer and its factory. does anyone have or had a similar problem. ?

Last edited:
i found bellow is to short same part number stamped on rubber , it shrunk its at most two years old , i bought engine alignment tool and it checkes good .

Attachments

• PC060092.JPG
    PC060092.JPG
    853.5 KB · Views: 11
  • PC060108.JPG
    PC060108.JPG
    853.3 KB · Views: 11
i found bellows shrunk same part number stamped on bellows i did engine alignment all check good except bellow tension

Attachments

• PC060108.JPG
    PC060108.JPG
    853.3 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back