organizing a ride from montreal to ottawa or kingston

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
still trying to get my hands on a green and black RXP! there was one for sale around my area, i caught it yesterday but it was sold this morning!!!! at 6k woulda been a steal! still checking hard! i want one now so i can do the work that needs to be done!!! :(

still trying to get my hands on a green and black RXP! there was one for sale around my area, i caught it yesterday but it was sold this morning!!!! at 6k woulda been a steal! still checking hard! i want one now so i can do the work that needs to be done!!! :(

You don't got a ski for the ride yet??? You can borrow my RXP if yah need one.

well i have my RX but im selling that one, if i still have it in june il use it, but highly doubt it! i will have a RXP in my possesion by then but if not i will def use your RXP if you dont mind!! :)

Well the new ride is in the garage. Unfortunately it snowed like a bastard while picking it , so no ride. Praying for good weather now. Gotta take some pics of the 0 hour meter. :)

:hurray:All boat ramps are well placed in the water now...just waiting for warmer temp to thaw and prep my ski because its just park at my backyard with tarps.....My hands are so itchy!

Gotcha beat, started with my 0 hour gtr and put the first 2 hours on her tonight. Nice cruise (and some fun ) to Ganaoque and back. Fun times. Will post my 0 hour pic manyanna. :)

I kinda beat ya [MENTION=61909]homerx99[/MENTION] ... I did end up going out the weekend of the 13th but since it was not so nice weather (rain, wind, and cold) it was more of a quick splash in the harbour to make sure it was running ok and then I took it home.

What was the river like temp wise when you were there the other night?

taking mine out this weekend! gotta do final checks on her before she sell's the RX that is! then on to 4TEC it is! what a change, gonna be weird!

went out this morning (Kingston) and I had to deal with both freezing hands and face and people giving me the look like here is the first idiot out. Got to try my drysuit for the first time and I loved it, the ride was not as enjoyable because of the cold hands/face but once i take care of that problem I'm all set. I think the drysuit just extended my riding season for few months. about a month now and couple of months in the fall.

gonna take the rx out for a spin this week! and in the meantime i spot a seadoo for sale and i ask the guy the basic info etc. and then when i ask him to water test it he says, uuuuuuh hmmmmmm no i live to far from the water, but trust me everything works, i literally then said ah ok nevermind no water test not worth buying thanks! and then he was insulted! hahaha

gonna take the rx out for a spin this week! and in the meantime i spot a seadoo for sale and i ask the guy the basic info etc. and then when i ask him to water test it he says, uuuuuuh hmmmmmm no i live to far from the water, but trust me everything works, i literally then said ah ok nevermind no water test not worth buying thanks! and then he was insulted! hahaha

I got a nice one ronsse, $6000 with a brand new trailer and its yours, and you can run a tank through it to make sure it works. There is a couple issues with it though ...

VTS UP doesn't work. The low end VTS works fine. I think its the controller box. Other than that the hull has a few scratches in it and one small chip.

Yup same one, I tried the kijiji thing but I couldn't handle the no-minds out on the interweb. Let me know if your interested.

find me a black and green hull one, and il snatch it up right away! i dont want a yellow hull, tired of having that color around

Hey guys, I run my ski today and noticed that it does not power up very quickly like last year...after pressing the power button, it takes a couple of cracking before the engine runs. This happens about 5 times in my 4 hrs stay in the water...after a couple of minutes play and trip to certain area, I shut off the engine to rest a while....after about 15 min rest, I turn on the engine again to play and cruise to another location....just noticed that the engine does not fires up immediately like when it was brand new last year of 2010. What could be the part that I need to replace soon or someday?...my guess is spark plug or starter or solenoid or gas or oil....but I just replace the engine oil and filter last year at 96 hrs....and now it has 103 hrs only...and I just replaced the oil filter again yesterday before running it today....and added a pint of STP gas treatment before loading 20L of gas. Any idea what causes the start-up hesitation?

Bye the way, the water temp is 14C in the shallow area(10 ft.>)...and 12C in 10Ft +.....wind seemed warmer at 1-3Pm...I started to chill after 4pm......Spring-suit and gloves allow me to stay longer in the water.....till next weekend again!

find me a black and green hull one, and il snatch it up right away! i dont want a yellow hull, tired of having that color around

Don't think I can help yah there brotha.

Hey guys, I run my ski today and noticed that it does not power up very quickly like last year...after pressing the power button, it takes a couple of cracking before the engine runs. This happens about 5 times in my 4 hrs stay in the water...after a couple of minutes play and trip to certain area, I shut off the engine to rest a while....after about 15 min rest, I turn on the engine again to play and cruise to another location....just noticed that the engine does not fires up immediately like when it was brand new last year of 2010. What could be the part that I need to replace soon or someday?...my guess is spark plug or starter or solenoid or gas or oil....but I just replace the engine oil and filter last year at 96 hrs....and now it has 103 hrs only...and I just replaced the oil filter again yesterday before running it today....and added a pint of STP gas treatment before loading 20L of gas. Any idea what causes the start-up hesitation?

Bye the way, the water temp is 14C in the shallow area(10 ft.>)...and 12C in 10Ft +.....wind seemed warmer at 1-3Pm...I started to chill after 4pm......Spring-suit and gloves allow me to stay longer in the water.....till next weekend again!

Hey man maybe start a thread on this, first though change the plugs.

crapppp, im kinda tired with the yellow hull and i been trying to find a green and black hull, theyve got some in windsor and toronto but thats way to far for me!

crapppp, im kinda tired with the yellow hull and i been trying to find a green and black hull, theyve got some in windsor and toronto but thats way to far for me!

I'm heading to the us to pick up an 08' (red and white) rxp, but I'll be asking more for it.

i change spark plugs at the beginning of every season after i burned off engine fogging, they cheap enough even if it is overkill, so i would suggest starting with spark plugs and then check your battery. if you still have the stock battery i would replace it as well as they don't last very long at all especially if you don't winterize it properly

You and BMANN06 has the same technical guess on the possible cause of startup hesitation which is spark-plugs...and both of u are well experienced jetskier especially Brian which has plenty of toys....and possibly mechanics by profession. Me, I'm just mechanically inclined person but in I.T field......next weekend I run again my ski and shows the same symptom, I'll replace the plugs right away....I'll start to research for ski spark-plug vendors that sells by dozen pieces, I guess its cheaper to buy in bulk.....About the battery, how to winterize the ski battery?......me, I just remove it out in the ski and store the battery indoor at room temperature (20C) on Winter, and re-charges the battery to 90% before putting back in the ski this Spring. I'm using automatic car battery charger (Schumacher)...I set the battery type to normal and 2amp charging. I hope I'm doing things right...please correct or add more technical input if you think there is a better way to do things about Ski maintenance......Thanks to both of u, master Yodas!

if it's a regular lead-acid battery you need to put on trickle charge/ battery tender in the winter and store indoors which you already did. if you are due for a replacement go with an AGM battery I use odyssey for the past 5 years and it never let me down not even once, it fires-up instantly every single time and in the winter all you need to do is store it fully charged and forget about it till the start of the season. In regards to spark plugs I recommend going with what manufacturer says, i yet to see a difference with more expensive plugs on the ski when you are in doubt just go with what manufacturer recommends.

Hi 2008FXHO, I've researched on spark plugs and Batteries.....seemed AGM Odyssey battery is the second most reliable among PWC batteries (1st is Lithium based but less than $400 US)....how much ur battery cost in Canadian? (there is a supplier in Kingston).......NGK Spark plugs cost at $3.11 each in Florida at Jetski warehouse....can't find cheaper in Canada.

Thanx.

Back